Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

E-Z Start to a pull Start

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2010, 01:27 PM
VS30

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default E-Z Start to a pull Start

I have a trx 15 and trx 2.5 both with e-z start and i would like to make then pullstarts do i just need to remove ez start and replace with pull? or is ther any little things i may need to do ?
Old 10-27-2010, 01:38 PM
Dale Gribble
My Feedback: (4)

Default RE: E-Z Start to a pull Start

Ya, it's really that easy. Take the engine off the truck, remove the EZ start assembly, and bolt the pull start on in its place.
Old 10-27-2010, 02:12 PM
only1battman

ya that is about it just reseal the pull start onto the new engine with high heat copper gasket.  and while you are at it i would recommend that you use electric motor cleaner on the outside to clean all the dirt and other junk off to increase heat exchange which increases performance.
Old 10-27-2010, 03:40 PM
Dale Gribble
My Feedback: (4)

ORIGINAL: only1battman

ya that is about it just reseal the pull start onto the new engine with high heat copper gasket. and while you are at it i would recommend that you use electric motor cleaner on the outside to clean all the dirt and other junk off to increase heat exchange which increases performance.
I strongly disagree with this. You don't have to seal the pull start to the backplate at all! You are supposed to seal the backplate to the crankcase, NOT the pull starter to the backplate. Since the OP won't be removing the backplate (you don't have to remove the backplate to add pull starter), than he doesn't have to worry about it.