Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

2.5 t-maxx transmission

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2010, 09:52 PM
skboatman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2.5 t-maxx transmission

Hello all ,
Anybody know of a place to get older T-maxx parts, other than Ebay & Hobbytown usa. Our local Hobbytown prices seem a little on the high side. Not much of the older stuff on Ebay.
Is there a quick mod for updating to the new 3.3 t -maxx trans ? Thanks for the help! SK.
Old 10-29-2010, 03:37 AM
Mclovin350z

Default RE: 2.5 t-maxx transmission

You'd be better off upgrading thediffs. I'd look for a good 3.3 roller and use what you can off the 2.5.
Old 10-29-2010, 10:50 AM
ReaperGN

You can still get all the parts for that trans. I say support your local shop but you can also get parts from tower and amain hobbies online. Also the only thing off the new trans worth having is the slipper assembly. At one point there was an upgrade kit to convert yours. You can also get steel and aluminum gears if you want. As for finding parts. You should have no issue with the tmaxx. I believe Traxxas is still producing almost every part on the truck.
Old 10-29-2010, 02:33 PM
only1battman

just get upgraded parts from towerhobbies.
Old 11-01-2010, 04:16 PM
guys2nv

The only thing you need to do to the 2.5 tranny is the forward only conversion which still should be easily found. just go on traxxas's website and look at the exploded views for part numbers.
Old 08-01-2012, 05:34 PM
Plamer

i also got a new trans from a guy and it diesnt have gear change i was wondering if i can put in from my other trans