Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

Parts & Help

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2010, 09:43 AM
VS30

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Parts & Help

I have two TMAXX rollers i got off of ebay as some of you may have read in other post. Well i have everytinhg i need but the tranny and center drive shafts Ihave been told i can drop a 3.3 tranny in on a 2.5 maxx and i have also been told i can't so i'm still unsure on that also i have read thatthe 3.3 shafts are longer then the 2.5 shafts does this mean the chassas is longer or the trannys different sizes ? one of the trucks came with a 2.5 tranny that is broke i think... the cluch moves freely and the gears i can see thru the hole on top are moving but nothing to the drive shafts and both maxxs have different chassas as you can see in pictures also i just want forward only and figured id would be more easy just to buy new 3.3 trannys insted of fixing this one or dealing with reverse. also if anyone could tell me the differense in these two chassas. Thank you.

Old 11-03-2010, 10:34 AM
ReaperGN

Default RE: Parts & Help

A tmaxx trans requires fairly high rpm's to engage unless it has forward only gears installed. I believe the newer trans should bolt up to the old truck but there really is not a good reason to. The old style does fine. As for the chassis's. The left one is a original and the right is a better quality and lighter version made by traxxas as a add on. And I believe the original 3.3 tmaxx was the same length as the originals but it got stretched for newer models. You should be able to trim the shafts to fit. On the front center you may have to cut the chassis out to fit the newer style brake disc but if you stick with the right shaft you should have no issue.
Old 11-03-2010, 10:53 AM
VS30

Thank you for the info if i just get the 2.5 drive shafts would i still have to trim them down or is that just foir the 3.3 ? and also i am try and run a engine to see if it needs highr RPMs and still gonna get 3.3 tranny for the other its cheaper any how if i get the 3.3 shouldi get 3.3 shafts ?
Old 11-03-2010, 12:29 PM
t9dragon
My Feedback: (11)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey VS30, do you have a picture of the trucks side by side?
Old 11-03-2010, 06:22 PM
VS30

Old 11-03-2010, 11:05 PM
ReaperGN

If you want plastic get new style 3.3 shafts and trim them down. If you want steel get dog bones for the center and cvd's for the corners.
Old 11-03-2010, 11:21 PM
VS30

The smaller/lighter chassas has CVDs on it already and every part seems to be RPM i didnt notice it untill i took pictures of them today I didnt know they made dog bones for center drive shafts i will check ebay now. thanks for all the help so far!
Old 11-04-2010, 12:10 AM
ReaperGN

I don't know what sizes you need. But I can check and I believe new era makes a set that is just over kill.