Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

t maxx wont shift???

The other day I lost radio signal and my truck going about 1/2 throttle hit the back tire of a moving car. opps!
    It broke the front bulkeads and a few other parts. I repaired the damage but when I took it back out it runs terrible. It has lost some of the low end power and wont shift at all. It only had about 1/2 throttle. Before I start tearing it apart to find the problem I thought maybe someone could help. I tried retuning and it had no effect just shot my engine temp way up. Any suggestions.

Thanks

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: t maxx wont shift???

Your engine might not be producing enough rpm's to hit second gear. Or your shift point inside the trans may have been altered. Because you had so much damage I would suggest opening the trans and making sure everything is alright. While your in there you could also reset the 2nd gear shift point. Also make sure everything in the drive train is spinning freely. Something could be binding causing your issues.
    Oderint Dum Metuant

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

It could be alot of things, I'm gonna say check your throttle linkage, make sure it opens and closes all the way. That would explain most of what you describe, but make sure your driveline is spinning freely like reaper said
    Losi xxl, Picco 26 t-maxx 4907, Sirio s27 revo, revo 2.5 with modded 18tm, EMBE, mostly stock 4908 maxx, pos mini lst2.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Thanks guys!  I was hoping to not take the tranny apart, but I will if needed.  The driveline seemed to be fine when I put it back together, but I will double check.  I didn't think of the throttle linkage that might be it (I hope).  I want to have it running before it gets cold.
    What would cause the engine to lose its RPM's?  It has been a great engine for years(trx 2.5).
    Also what is the stock setting for the 2nd gear shift point?
    Thanks

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

if you over-stressed the engine and the slipper didn't slip then it could possibly be your piston/ sleeve not getting a tight enough fit to generate the low end power that you need.  if this is the problem then this would also affect the shifting.  the engine cannot generate enough torque to move the truck into second.  i would just check that your engine still has a decent amount of compression.  also check your slipper clutch to see if it has loosened up or broken or if you lost one of the pads or a piece of the pad.
    Pascack Pioneers 2010 FIRST Robotics Championship
    Curie Division Finalists.
    Sophomore
    Check out: team1676.com

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Sounds like operator error to me!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Thormaxx.....LOL....I got yours runnin that day and broke mine( I will blame you for my truck).  Then you ran my car over when It was crippled!