Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

hop ups for 2.5r

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2010, 09:03 AM
dannyboy1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default hop ups for 2.5r

i was wondering what would be the best choice of shocks and other parts for tmaxx 2.5r
i am new to this and i just ran a galllon of nitro though it and ready to upgrade parts
Old 12-17-2010, 09:11 AM
Mclovin350z

Default RE: hop ups for 2.5r

Traxxas big bore shocksare the best for the money. You'll want to use your stock springs on them, or at least I had to anyway.Beware of the imitationbigboreson ebay, you'll be sorry. The first and foremost thing I would do is get the traxxas 3034 switch and a 5-cellhump battery, it all fits in yourbattery box perfectly.I would then get aluminum bulkheads, shocktowers (by rpm or aluminum),rpm a-arms and lunsford hinge pins, then move on to things like a pullstarter, pipe and/or engine etc.
Old 12-17-2010, 09:39 AM
dannyboy1

Gotcha but I had herd that rpms are better then aluminum because they are plastic is that really true
Old 12-17-2010, 01:49 PM
Mclovin350z

I love my rpm shock towers, but they do flex. With the stock motor and exhaust they can put a dent in the exhaust header when you crash. I have the picco 26, it sits higher, so there's no dent. I prefer to stay away from aluminum as much as possible. I have bulkheads and a front skidplate, that's it for aluminum hop ups.
Old 12-17-2010, 05:56 PM
ReaperGN

Because Its a MAXX truck the list of available upgrades is HUGE! But the trick its finding ones that don't take half the truck with it when you crash. Stay away form company like integy and rdlogic. It looks good but is absolute junk. They have a few good parts but not many. Because you only have a 2.5R I would avoid aluminum except for things like servo mounts, shocks and engine parts. As for shocks there are the big bores, pro line power strokes, OFNA LX and a few others. Over all the best are the power strokes but its not cheap to get a set and you can only get used ones. If you specify which part you want to upgrade its a lot easier to give you options.
Old 12-17-2010, 06:14 PM
Mclovin350z

I would make the power switch and 5 cell hump a prority. You can pay for that stuff in spent aa's real fast.
Old 12-20-2010, 07:14 PM
nitrostam
My Feedback: (1)

leave it stock till somthing breaks and put the best stuff on it