Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

savage vs aftershock

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2010, 09:58 PM
needanswerslol

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default savage vs aftershock

i wanted to post under traxxas because either the hpi or losi people will say losi or hpi, which is better the savage x or aftershock, i know they all have ups and downs, which is the all out best?thank you
Old 12-28-2010, 10:08 PM
ReaperGN

Default RE: savage vs aftershock

Most people claim the savage to be the best basher. I don't hear much about the losi so that could either be good or bad.
Old 12-28-2010, 10:59 PM
CR500rider

Neither. Get a Duratrax Warhead, they are the most durable monster truck on the planet
Old 12-28-2010, 11:26 PM
needanswerslol

i know, ive herd alot about savages being good bashers, i like that the losi is a little bigger but i can add sway bars to keep from rolling alot right?
Old 12-29-2010, 07:32 AM
jermainezey

Duratrax Warhead

revo 2.5 or revo 3.3 i like them both i have a revo 2.5 and i want a savage
Old 12-29-2010, 07:35 AM
Mclovin350z

ORIGINAL: CR500rider

Neither. Get a Duratrax Warhead, they are the most durable monster truck on the planet
Another useless post by CR500 rider.....congrats man.
The warhead is one of the worst pos money can buy.
Old 12-29-2010, 08:17 AM
1QwkSport2.5r

Received 76 Likes on 69 Posts

ORIGINAL: Mclovin350z

ORIGINAL: CR500rider

Another useless post by CR500 rider.....congrats man.
The warhead is one of the worst pos money can buy.
Yeah.. stay away from the warhead. I knew someone that bought one new, and tried 3 different engines. He could never get the truck to run without overheating.

Now on the Savage vs. Aftershock part. You wouldn't be sorry going with the Losi. I know 3 guys personally with Savages and they havent had a lot of good to say about it. They are harder to work on, need more option parts out of the box, and I think their engines are kinda lame. Just my opinion. The Losi 1/8th MT platform is the best in the class, I think. They are stronger, take a beating better, and have better engines/transmissions. I had an aftershock I bought new. No option parts needed out of the box except the tuned pipe. Stock Aftershock pipe is kinda goofy and does not work well - I used an HT pipe for an LST2. Much better. I converted the driveline of mine to LST2 spec parts (much beefier axles and arms) and put in a stronger .26 and swaybars and was pretty happy with the handling and wheelie capabilities. My current pair of LST2's are a handful.
Old 12-29-2010, 08:28 AM
needanswerslol

everyone i know that has a savage beats the hell out of em and they never break, one of my friends consecutively hit the curb in second gear 3 or 4 times an everytime the airfilter and pipe popped off thats it, and i asked him about the aftershock and how good losi's trucks are cuz im only a year into this and i have an xtmmammoth mt, he said losi is badassright now all the looking ive done they seem about = in durability, i like that the savge has twice as many shocks but i know losi is a very good brand
Old 12-29-2010, 08:30 AM
needanswerslol

1QwkSport2.5rdoes the aftershock roll alot like the savage? or would i not need sway bars because i know the aftershock is a tad bigger
<script type="text/javascript">titleAndStar(475,100,0,false,"","")</script>
Old 12-29-2010, 09:26 AM
1QwkSport2.5r

ORIGINAL: needanswerslol

http://<b><font color=''#00265e'' si....5r</font></b> does the aftershock roll alot like the savage? or would i not need sway bars because i know the aftershock is a tad bigger
<script type=''text/javascript''>titleAndStar(475,100,0,false,'''','''')</script>
Because of the wider stance and stock 40-series tires, It handles really well. Obviously if you try to whip a 180* at 35mph, it is going to flip. The Aftershock has adjustable shocks, so you can soften it up for cornering and stiffen it up for jumping or run in the middle for both (sort-of). Sway bars are available as an option part - last time I bought a set they were 15$ or so. Not needed but are nice to have. The kit comes with 2 stiff and 2 soft swaybars - I usually use the light ones.

The Savages seem decent, but from what my buddies have told me is they need more maintenance to stay running good. My Aftershock and now LST2's dont require much maintenance. I clean the air filter every 3-5 tanks, clean the fuel filter at the same time and keep the chassis clean. Not real hard. Both of my trucks start and run like clockwork and rarely need any adjustments other than fine touches of the carburetor needles.

I dont know what the savage costs, but you should be able to find a Aftershcok limited edition for less than 400$ easily. For the extra $100-150 you could get the beastiest of monster trucks and go for the Losi LST XXL. bigger, badder, and faster than the LST2.

Old 12-29-2010, 09:42 AM
needanswerslol

is the xxl any bigger then the savage xl?

Old 12-29-2010, 09:49 AM
1QwkSport2.5r

is the xxl any bigger then the savage xl?

I don't know, I dont have an XXL. The XXL replaced the LST2. Look it up. The specs are on Losi's website. www.teamlosi.com
Old 12-29-2010, 09:52 AM
needanswerslol

does the xxl pull wheelies?
Old 12-29-2010, 02:02 PM
needanswerslol

and the aftershock is all out a tad bigger then the savage, probably a bit more stable
Old 12-29-2010, 07:48 PM
Mclovin350z

the xxl will pull wheelies, but the stock clutch can barely stand up to the 454, it needs upgrading .
Old 12-30-2010, 12:33 AM
cummins driver
My Feedback: (31)

ORIGINAL: 1QwkSport2.5r
The Savages seem decent, but from what my buddies have told me is they need more maintenance to stay running good. My Aftershock and now LST2's dont require much maintenance. I clean the air filter every 3-5 tanks, clean the fuel filter at the same time and keep the chassis clean. Not real hard. Both of my trucks start and run like clockwork and rarely need any adjustments other than fine touches of the carburetor needles.
What kind of maintenance does the savage need that the LST trucks dont? And what kind of hop ups does the savage need out of the box? Sounds like an old wives tale to me.

My Savage has over 10 gallons on it. I have done very little maintenance. Just now replacing the original brake pad, its on the 2nd clutch, rebuilt the rear differential once, and the front differential is original. It has required VERY few parts, and I have NEVER broken a suspension component of any kind. Bumpers, shocks, etc are all original.

The aftershock and LST are not very good from everything I have heard. Its basically a quite a bit weaker version of the LST2 and XXL trucks. Driveline is weaker, as well as the suspension components. The Savage should be compared more with the LST2 and XXL than the Aftershock and original LST IMO.

Eric
Old 12-30-2010, 01:33 AM
moezer

Get a savage X and make it look like this, and try and break the fu<ker.

Old 12-30-2010, 07:30 AM
Mclovin350z

Cummins you must've needed drive cups at some point, they wear like butter.
Regardless, I can't say too much about the Savage. I haven't owned one yet.
All monsters will break, you cannot make them indestructable, and that's life.
Comparing the as to a savage isn't really fair, the as is crap compared to the xxl.
Old 12-30-2010, 08:47 AM
ImpalaPolicePack

ORIGINAL: cummins driver

ORIGINAL: 1QwkSport2.5r
What kind of maintenance does the savage need that the LST trucks dont? And what kind of hop ups does the savage need out of the box? Sounds like an old wives tale to me.

My Savage has over 10 gallons on it. I have done very little maintenance. Just now replacing the original brake pad, its on the 2nd clutch, rebuilt the rear differential once, and the front differential is original. It has required VERY few parts, and I have NEVER broken a suspension component of any kind. Bumpers, shocks, etc are all original.

The aftershock and LST are not very good from everything I have heard. Its basically a quite a bit weaker version of the LST2 and XXL trucks. Driveline is weaker, as well as the suspension components. The Savage should be compared more with the LST2 and XXL than the Aftershock and original LST IMO.

Eric

i agree that most nitro MTs needs the same maintenance, and that the aftershock/lst drivetrain/arms is weaker than the lst2/xxl.

what im tired to read is your posts saying how well your savage holds up to 10 gallons with minor parts breakage/wear.
from the videos i saw of you and your father-in-law running your trucks, i would call your bashing/running a warm-up run to get the engine warm !
when i take my lst2 or my xxl out, sometime i do break an arm/spindle/diff part, but i put my truck thru hell, jumping and not always landing on all 4 tires. and my trucks are stock(drivetrain/suspension wise)

thats it, i will not comment on the 'wich one is better' as they are 2 great trucks. and the topic as been covered a couple times...
Old 12-30-2010, 09:57 AM
cummins driver

ORIGINAL: impalapolicepack

what im tired to read is your posts saying how well your savage holds up to 10 gallons with minor parts breakage/wear.
from the videos i saw of you and your father-in-law running your trucks, i would call your bashing/running a warm-up run to get the engine warm !
when i take my lst2 or my xxl out, sometime i do break an arm/spindle/diff part, but i put my truck thru hell, jumping and not always landing on all 4 tires. and my trucks are stock(drivetrain/suspension wise)

thats it, i will not comment on the 'wich one is better' as they are 2 great trucks. and the topic as been covered a couple times...
You dont have to read it, but its true! After 10 gallons, my savage has been probably the most trouble free of darn near anything I have owned. Yes, it has requred some parts. And yes, I have replaced the center drive cups twice. However, thats to be expected just like with anything else. My Savage is bone stock also, and I can assure you that you havent seen me and my FIL run our savages on video, because i dont have it on youtube. My Savage has taken plenty of beatings. I dont beat my trucks just to be doing it because i dont like spending money on parts. However, I dont baby my trucks in the least. I drive them exactly how I want. I hear all these people talk about how hard they bash their XXL's, and LST2's, but I havent seen any real hardcore video's yet. Lets see em.

Old 12-30-2010, 09:58 AM
cummins driver

Comparing the as to a savage isn't really fair, the as is crap compared to the xxl.
2 sets in 10 gallons. A set of drive cups every 5 gallons isnt really too bad IMO.
Old 12-30-2010, 11:17 AM
Mclovin350z

ORIGINAL: cummins driver

2 sets in 10 gallons. A set of drive cups every 5 gallons isnt really too bad IMO.
Yeah that's to be expected, not bad at all.
Old 12-30-2010, 01:42 PM
needanswerslol

i like what you said cuz its true, im kinda set on the savage if i sell mine for how much im kinda expecting, i might sell my vendetta too and if i do i might get a 5.9
Old 03-24-2011, 03:02 PM
needanswerslol

i cant stand reading this anymore. iwant a new truck so bad
Old 03-26-2011, 08:26 AM
black mamba

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i wanted to post under traxxas because either the hpi or losi people will say losi or hpi, which is better the savage x or aftershock, i know they all have ups and downs, which is the all out best? thank you
Losi Aftershock is the better truck overall. The Aftershock is easier to work on and can handle a track MUCH better than a Savage.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.