Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

clutch problems

Old 02-06-2011, 04:01 PM
kgrawehr

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default clutch problems

So ive had my Revo 3.3 for about 3 months now. The truck is amazing!..except the clutch. Today ive toasted my 3rd clutch. Does anyone know if its normal for my clutches to breka this fast? Anyone having these problems? If so, any solutions for this mayhem?

Thank you in advance

Old 02-06-2011, 04:24 PM
ArloRogers
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: clutch problems

I run 3 and 4 shoe set ups both with composite or metal shoes depending on the engine and intended use.
Old 02-06-2011, 04:26 PM
kgrawehr

Im gonna start racing, so what would you recommend?
Old 02-06-2011, 07:29 PM
Mclovin350z

Dynamite or mip 2 shoe clutch. Integy makes a good 3 shoe, but you need to file the nut down where the springs sit, or get a nut with a groove in it. You could also get the m2c clutch, which is top 'o the line. Which way are you running the shoes on the stock one? Ifyou run themso they dig in they will break, run them the other way so they drag and they will last.
Old 02-06-2011, 07:39 PM
SMOKEFAN

Werks adjustable clutch. Best purchase I ever made. The Nova shoes are really nice also. I race 2 different classes and wouldn't be without my Werks setup though
Old 02-06-2011, 07:48 PM
racemaxx24

Also, a vented clutchbell will help alot with the composite clutches that are on these trucks. The built up heat they will get from lots of hard accelerating will kill them quick.