Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

Truggy or truck?

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2011, 06:24 AM
martinx71

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Truggy or truck?

Hey, I currently have a Redcat Racing Hurricane XTR with axle extensions and hpi savage wheels. Thus turning it into a truggy. I am pretty satisfied with it in this condition, but an opportunity to purchase a revo 2.5 for under 200 has come up and I've always loved the look of the revo. I do general bashing and Ilove to go offroad. Should I get the revo? Or is it not that much of an imporvement vs my truggy in the offroad area? Thanks
Old 02-06-2011, 06:54 AM
ArloRogers
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: Truggy or truck?

Asume the engine needs replaced . If the rest of the truck is in good shape then go for it.
Old 02-06-2011, 07:02 AM
nitrostam

try and work him down but get it and put a picco in it and truggy tires and it will be great  may put foc

Old 02-06-2011, 07:26 AM
martinx71

The truggy has a SH .28... doesn't a truck need more torque? Should I put the pico in the buggy and the .28 in the revo? and also, would it be possible to mount the .28 in the revo?I might be able to talk him down to under 150. I'll tell him to not bother cleaning it or fixing the gearing mesh.
Old 02-06-2011, 01:27 PM
racemaxx24

$150 for even a 2.5r Revo is a steal. I would take that in a heart beat.

To fit the .28, you would need to install a big block mounting kit and probably some other mods to make it fit. Although you can never have an overpowered truck in the RC world (), a .28 would be a little extreme for the application you've spoken of. The stock 2.5r will probably move the truck pretty well (pending it isn't worn out) but if you're looking to drop in some HP, the TRX 3.3 and O.S. 18TM are both direct fits and would give you a good amount of wheelie power.

But, if you wanna fit the .28, it can be done. [link=http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/WTI0001P?I=LXJMG8&P=8]HERES[/link] the kit you would need. I'm sure someone with more BB experience can help you more with it also.
Old 02-06-2011, 04:33 PM
ArloRogers

I run a Revo with an RB523 that came packaged with the Revo mount. I would go with a mid block instead of a big block. The big block has to be raised to fit causing it to be more top heavy.
Old 02-06-2011, 07:09 PM
martinx71

So essentially, you are all telling me that the Revo is a good idea and would be worth it for general bashing and off roading... And that it is better at all of this than the truggy. I plan to run it on the stock motor until I either have the $ or want more power. Either way, I'm excited about my new truck! Thanks everyone!
Old 02-06-2011, 07:45 PM
racemaxx24

ORIGINAL: martinx71

So essentially, you are all telling me that the Revo is a good idea and would be worth it for general bashing and off roading... And that it is better at all of this than the truggy. I plan to run it on the stock motor until I either have the $ or want more power. Either way, I'm excited about my new truck! Thanks everyone!
Pretty much, yessir! Truggy's are essentially built for racing and although can be good bashers, aren't built for it. A Revo will definitely be more in the direct you want.
Old 02-09-2011, 04:51 PM
jrwizbang

Wow! sounds like this guy is really doing you a favor selling a revo that cheap.