Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

Totally noob question but.....

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2011, 04:45 PM
hoosier_rc_nut
My Feedback: (17)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Totally noob question but.....

.....are my diffs backwards? I got this t-maxx in a parts lot and I had to put some of it together, but I didn't mess with the diffs and left them as I got them. The reason I ask is because I just did my first test run since getting it put together and it just goes in reverse regardless if I switch the forward and reverse on the tranny, so maybe I have a foc with flipped diffs? I never really understood the whole foc thing so how can I tell if that's what my tranny is? Here's some pix so you guys can see what I got going on with it. The first pic is of the front diff looking at it from the front bumper. The second pic is of my linkages, just thought it would help. If anyone needs more pix let me know. Thank you in advance to anyone who can help.......

Old 02-15-2011, 05:28 PM
stalefishsk8er

Default RE: Totally noob question but.....

it looks like it's on right but the only way to tell if you take the diff housing off then you can tell or just lock one rear wheel and one front wheel and spin either the back wheel or front wheel and if the wheel spines forwards if your spinning it that way then its in right or if its spins in the opposite direction then there's your problem
Old 02-15-2011, 05:33 PM
TIGER76

Is it reversed on the transmitter? the red button next to the trigger.
Old 02-15-2011, 05:40 PM
hoosier_rc_nut
My Feedback: (17)

ORIGINAL: TIGER76

Is it reversed on the transmitter? the red button next to the trigger.
Ya I mentioned that in my first post when I said something about switching the forward and reverse.....seems like it doesn't matter what I do to the red channel 3 button on the tx, which makes me wonder if I have a foc.......
Old 02-15-2011, 06:59 PM
steed2-inactive

the transmission in the second pic is in reverse. that tmaxx probably came with opti drive, and they are prone to certain problems. trouble shoot the 3rd channel, thats your problem. check all your electrical connections.
Old 02-15-2011, 07:01 PM
steed2-inactive

also the engagement cusion springs on the shift linkage look very loose.
Old 02-15-2011, 09:16 PM
rc md

try moving collar screw on fwd/rev linkage in towards servo horn shaft has to come out all the way for fwd to work
Old 02-16-2011, 09:24 AM
Snook Man

The front diff is installed correct. (The rear would be also otherwise the truck would not go anywhere). You do not have an FOC tranny, there is a clutch fork sticking out of the tranny housing.

The Black tranny was never equipped with the Opti drive system so that’s not an issue.

Make sure the servo is working when you switch the 3<sup>rd</sup> channel on the TX.

If the servo is working, make sure the linkage is adjusted from the servo to the shift fork rod so that the shift fork rod moves fully in and out of the tranny housing with the servo movement (Shift fork in all the way toward the tranny is forward).

A high idle speed will also cause the internal forward & reverse clutch pawls to not disengage the clutch bell and not be able to shift from forward to reverse or vise/versa.

If everything is in order and still no forward, you may have just stripped the forward primary gear and it needs replaced.