Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

stacks for a 2.5r t-maxx

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2011, 05:03 PM
stalefishsk8er

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default stacks for a 2.5r t-maxx

does anyone know of a company that makes stacks for a t-maxx kinda like the ones you'll see coming out of the bed of a ford powerstroke diesel truck?
Old 03-13-2011, 05:47 PM
mkruse

Default RE: stacks for a 2.5r t-maxx

I dont think anyone doe but I was thinking about doing it to my tmaxx.... btw chevys with stacks are much cooler!!! just letting you know
Old 03-13-2011, 06:44 PM
ReaperGN

Chevy = cheap and uncheerful

As for the stacks you could make some but your better off not to mess with the exhaust on a nitro engine. You could install a smoker system from a plane and have fake stacks.
Old 03-13-2011, 07:36 PM
HpiTrax383
My Feedback: (2)

a cummins with a single stack is cooler than both a duramax and powerjoke.
Old 03-13-2011, 08:00 PM
ReaperGN

GM makes some good diesel engines but they are not a part of the duramax line. And Powerstrokes are hit and miss with each year. But Cummins has always been performance oriented.
Old 03-14-2011, 11:26 AM
stalefishsk8er

were getting off topic hear with GM, chevy, and many other automotive manufactures but i was thinking of a header that comes out of the back of the engine that brings the pipe to a 90 degree angle if anyone knows if a company that makes one of these then post below
Old 03-14-2011, 11:55 AM
HpiTrax383
My Feedback: (2)

i dont think there is a company that makes any. i was wanting to do this to and i looked it up on youtube and this one guy had some silicone tubing so it could flex if it flipped for his and it looked pretty good.
Old 03-14-2011, 11:57 AM
ReaperGN

You would have to make one. And a nitro engine is very touchy. Your asking for trouble messing with the header and pipe. I have seen people attach tubes to the pipe to route it out the back. I guess you could route it into stacks.
Old 03-14-2011, 02:53 PM
purenitro33

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I can make one, I have thought for a long time about this, there are a couple things that would need to be addressed but this would give me an excuse to do one up lol.
Old 03-14-2011, 03:09 PM
stalefishsk8er

ORIGINAL: purenitro33

I can make one, I have thought for a long time about this, there are a couple things that would need to be addressed but this would give me an excuse to do one up lol.
hey if you can make one then let me know and we could team up and you can sell them in canada while i can sell them in the states

Old 03-14-2011, 03:32 PM
ReaperGN

As long as nitro engines have been in ground vehicles there is a good reason why no one has made a successful smoke stack kit. Your time and effort would be better spent working on a rear exhaust that actually works.
Old 03-14-2011, 03:44 PM
purenitro33

ORIGINAL: ReaperGN

As long as nitro engines have been in ground vehicles there is a good reason why no one has made a successful smoke stack kit. Your time and effort would be better spent working on a rear exhaust that actually works.
Absolutely, there isn't enough interest to warrant designing one, with my years of studying tuned pipes and the fact I build each one piece by piece, it wouldn't take much to design one that works I do have rear mount small block pipes, rear mount big block pipes are limited my header and size restrictions, at least on most trucks, but I haven't given up on that venture either.
Old 03-14-2011, 03:52 PM
rc awesome

Wow this thread is off topic! In case you couldn't tell I like CUMMINS POWER! Stacks would look cool but be unpractical. Take your muffler off and run your motor; Do you really want your rc to be that loud? If you ever rolled stuff would get inside the pipe, and possibly the motor. Also a stack with a muffler would look pretty stupid and would break easy if you rolled on the pavement or off road. I wouldn't get one.

Old 03-14-2011, 04:19 PM
purenitro33

You bring up some good points, thanks for the info but I wouldn't offer to make one if it was just going to break, and I hadn't already thought of all the negatives you mention.
Old 03-14-2011, 04:35 PM
stalefishsk8er

thanks to do this youtube video i figure out how to make some killer stacks FORD style lol http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v-GWnUgtiBI
Old 03-14-2011, 04:42 PM
rc awesome

ORIGINAL: purenitro33

You bring up some good points, thanks for the info but I wouldn't offer to make one if it was just going to break, and I hadn't already thought of all the negatives you mention.
Well even if you made one out of aluminum it would bend and scratch easly. Hope that this helped.

Old 03-14-2011, 05:03 PM
purenitro33

It would be maid from stainless, MUCH stronger then aluminum. The tip would also be stainless with a break-away feature, gotta have a polished tip sticking out if your going to do it right, nice and fat so there is no restriction and give it a nice growl
Old 03-14-2011, 05:49 PM
ReaperGN

Stainless steel is fairly weak. Your better off with aluminum on a RC. And making a pipe that does not hinder the performance and has stacks probably is not going to happen. The amount of design that goes into a good pipe is huge. So unless you have your own dyno and wall of test engines your home made pipes are probably doing more harm than good. And I have seen many different types of pipes but no company has ever made stacks. There is not a market for it and they would get damaged every time the truck rolls.
Old 03-14-2011, 06:01 PM
purenitro33

I think you should do more research lol, show me an ALUMINUM pipe that can take a beating like this and I will give you a pipe at no cost, shipping included, then you will have a better idea of what your talking about. I have 15 years of R@D with these types of pipes, have you ever even run one?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JzHX9K2P7pc
Old 03-14-2011, 07:45 PM
ReaperGN

A stock plastic pipe can take a better beating. Especially since its protected by the chassis and body. And 15 years of back room playing is not R&D. Lets see your comparison to the leading pipes. Or even a simple dyno to show that your pipes even produce extra power. And unless you ripped off a Buku pipe then your home made tin cans wont perform better than my Vantage pipe. Its one thing to simply make a exhaust chamber. Its another to make a performance exhaust.
Old 03-14-2011, 08:37 PM
awayjunk

lol chevy is way better for =found onroad dead
Old 03-14-2011, 08:38 PM
awayjunk

i meant ford = Found On Road Dead
Old 03-14-2011, 08:53 PM
ReaperGN

The F-series is the best selling vehicle in the world for numerous years. So based on numbers its much better than any Chevy could hope to be. And I have seen countless Chevy's on the side of the road but only a handful of fords.
Old 03-14-2011, 10:47 PM
purenitro33

ORIGINAL: ReaperGN

A stock plastic pipe can take a better beating. Especially since its protected by the chassis and body. And 15 years of back room playing is not R&D. Lets see your comparison to the leading pipes. Or even a simple dyno to show that your pipes even produce extra power. And unless you ripped off a Buku pipe then your home made tin cans wont perform better than my Vantage pipe. Its one thing to simply make a exhaust chamber. Its another to make a performance exhaust.

Hmm, this is rather amusing, what's your real issue man? This is one of the reasons I don't post here much, I try to help out the OP in his quest for a stack (a one off novelty build) and you have to troll right into this thread with your obvious lack of knowledge on the topic, seriously man, what's your dig? To accuse me of "ripping off BUKU" is completely asinine lmao we are friends, I spoke with Dave (the owner of buku) just the other day, AS we have done many times for hours on end lol, it's great to actually talk to someone who "knows" what they are talking about when it comes to pipes. I will also be testing some of his products and giving reviews as soon as the package he is sending me shows up... Maybe you should do some research before you call someone out, do a google search for Extreme RC Mods, here's a link from the first page, I suppose I paid off Pro-Line so they would host my vid? http://www.prolineracing.com/blog/ex...e-xl-car-pull/ How about when that truck won first place in the Big Block pulling class at the World Finals at diggers dungeon. Ever seen a baja pull wheelies "down hill"? If that pipe isn't doing much, I must have a touch the pro engine builders could only dream of lol http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_bpTkF669_g The simple fact that you think a pipe made of fiber has an advantage over stainless steel just shows how little you think you know about the subject, engine for engine and pipe for pipe, mine will smoke it in every aspect!

If you want to carry on, do it with these guys, they might care about what you have to say.... http://www.macspro.com/tmax.asp
Old 03-15-2011, 12:10 AM
ReaperGN

You cant read well can you? I think you need to go read some things over. And you have nothing to support that your pipes increase power. You make all these claims about having done this for years and you really don't have much to show for it. And of all the trusted company's out there your name would have come up a few times considering how long you have been making these pipes. And everything you fall back on is just stupid videos. I have seen videos of a completely Integy T-Maxx pull much large vehicles than the ones in your videos. And considering what that hunk of junk can do your videos are nothing special. When you have some solid data you will have something to brag about but all you have are youtube specials. If you want to waste time making stacks that will get destroyed after a few roll overs go ahead. If there was any market for it Integy would have made it by now. But they have not because its a waste of time and has a large potential of damaging the engine.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.