Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

os .21 tm one way bearing.where do i find one?? or is their a compatable owb

Old 03-14-2011, 10:03 AM
canas11267

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default os .21 tm one way bearing.where do i find one?? or is their a compatable owb

hey I bought a os .21 tm from a buddy and the owb is starting to slip. Where can i find one? Ihave looked everywhere! or is there a compatable owb that will work.
Old 03-14-2011, 11:32 AM
cenracer1

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: os .21 tm one way bearing.where do i find one?? or is their a compatable owb

I'm going to assume you are running this motor on a Tmaxx or Revo.. if thats the case use the traxxas one way from the 2.5R or 3.3.. I have the same motor (OS 18tm) and thats the one way bearing to use..
Old 03-14-2011, 01:44 PM
Mclovin350z

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: os .21 tm one way bearing.where do i find one?? or is their a compatable owb

......Or just clean it.
Old 03-14-2011, 02:52 PM
revo_sbs

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

From my experience one way bearings are universal as far as fitting on the starter shaft. The only differences lie in the shape of the bearing. For example my ofna uses a hex one way and the traxxas one way bearings have two flat sides with two roundish ones.

Giving it a good cleaning is also an option
Old 03-14-2011, 05:03 PM
Mclovin350z

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Some also have a flange on them.
Old 03-14-2011, 10:12 PM
canas11267

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Ihave found that cleaning them does not last as long as when Ieplace them. Ilooked on tower hobby bc it give you a number to call to get part information below the item description. so i called them and they said it was the same owb as the os .18 so I found one on e bay fo 9.99 shipped first class cant beat that!!

Old 03-15-2011, 01:20 AM
Mclovin350z

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Cleaning them often is a sign of oily fuel. What do you run?
Old 03-15-2011, 09:50 AM
cenracer1

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Canasas.. the one way bearing will fit on any shaft that is the same size.. OS, traxxas and probably most of the others.. the outside of the bearing is specific to what it is being used on.. Just bacause its the same shaft as the OS 18 doesn't mean anything.. If you are using it with an OS pull start, you are fine.. If its going into a traxxas ez start or pull start it may not fit.. i explained that in my previous post.. Hope you got lucky and it fits..

Search this Thread