Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

T maxx running Nascar..

Old 03-19-2011, 04:45 PM
huey267

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default T maxx running Nascar..

Ive owned about 4 T maxxs....to make it short and sweet my t maxx with fresh batteries and two different servos(stock and Hitec 625) will turn to the left out of the blue..i live in the sticks with no chance glitch from outside sources...stock Traxxas radio ..I will be going wide open and it just turns to the left out of the blue..Its bout a year old and never had this happen before..just started doing this. The 3.3 runs great and having another problem with it shutting down at even the hint of brake. Ive set my gap in carb for idle..1mm checked to make sure it holds true when i give it brake and pulled bell housing to check clutch shoes spring was intact...it is...Any help would be great..Im not new to this hobby but man these problems make it hard to have fun..ie cant use brakes..and truck suddenly turns left and flips out of control...Thanks for any advice.....Semper Fi
Old 03-19-2011, 05:01 PM
1QwkSport2.5r

Received 76 Likes on 69 Posts
Default RE: T maxx running Nascar..

ORIGINAL: huey267

Ive owned about 4 T maxxs....to make it short and sweet my t maxx with fresh batteries and two different servos(stock and Hitec 625) will turn to the left out of the blue..i live in the sticks with no chance glitch from outside sources...stock Traxxas radio ..I will be going wide open and it just turns to the left out of the blue..Its bout a year old and never had this happen before..just started doing this. The 3.3 runs great and having another problem with it shutting down at even the hint of brake. Ive set my gap in carb for idle..1mm checked to make sure it holds true when i give it brake and pulled bell housing to check clutch shoes spring was intact...it is...Any help would be great..Im not new to this hobby but man these problems make it hard to have fun..ie cant use brakes..and truck suddenly turns left and flips out of control...Thanks for any advice.....Semper Fi
Might you have another radio laying around to try? I'd do this to eliminate the radio itself for the steering malfunction. If that isnt an option, check the servo plugs to ensure they're clean and free of corrosion. I put a dab of dielectric grease (silicone brake grease for cars works the same) on my servo plugs if theres a chance the radio area may get wet. Also could the servos have gotten wet at some point?

If the engine idles fine but as soon as you hit the brakes the engine stalls, yet the carb slide doesnt close any when the brake is applied then you might have a ghost messing with it. My guess is when the servo is in its neutral position it holds the idle okay but hitting the brakes on the transmitter may close the slide valve just enough to where you cant see the difference but will still stall the engine. Ideally, you want the servo to put a slight amount of pressure on the carb slide when in neutral position so when the brakes are hit its already "bottomed out". I would ignore the 1mm gap requirement for idle - I'd make adjustments so the engine will idle as low as possible while still running smoothly and not engaging the clutch at all. You could have the gap too wide and the idle mixture too rich and it would run about the same if the idle gap was narrower and leaner. Not really sure but those would be things I would look into based on the information you provided.
Old 03-20-2011, 03:57 AM
Mclovin350z

I would do everything he said ^, but only after making sure you have no metal on metal vibrations happening. A manifold to close to the pipe or even a fuel filter clanging around on the chassis can throw your radio system for a loop.
Old 03-20-2011, 05:41 AM
huey267

Will do all of the following mentioned..Thanks for your time and advice...Semper Fi