Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

t maxx clutch question??

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2011, 07:10 AM
huey267

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default t maxx clutch question??

Due to my Tmaxx stalling when i brake.. I removed and inspected the cluth assembly. The spring and shoes are intact but I noticed that with one of the clutch shoe holes i could see part of the spring...it makes it a little hard to install on the flywheel pegs..should I replace the shoes or is this acceptable or might lead to it shutting down when the brakes are applied..The spring still sits well below the edge of the shoes but I dont remember ever seeing part of the spring before through one of the mounting holes of one shoe?? Thanks Semper Fi
Old 03-20-2011, 10:37 AM
moezer

Default RE: t maxx clutch question??

thats an easy fix, its not your shoes, look at the carb and press the breaks, the carb is getting pushed in when u allpy the breaks. Look at your spring thats on ur throttel tighten that a bit and you should be fine, that way the spring is closing the carb all the way and when u press the break its not closing it while breaking, also open ur carb just a bit more after u tighten the throttel spring

The spring looks like this

or uou can put one of these springs that go on the engine carb it self.
Old 03-20-2011, 10:44 AM
Snook Man

ORIGINAL: huey267

I noticed that with one of the clutch shoe holes i could see part of the spring...it makes it a little hard to install on the flywheel pegs..
That is normal... Just use a small hex wrench and move the spring outward when you install the shoes on the flywheel pegs.
Old 03-20-2011, 11:02 AM
huey267

Thanks always good advice here!