Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

Stampede Brushless 4X4

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2011, 07:01 PM
trickle007

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stampede Brushless 4X4

I am thinking of purchasing a Stampede 4X4 brushless and had a few questions before I buy one.

1) What lipos should I purchase 3s or 2s?

2) Does any one have the dimensions of the battery box so I can buy the proper size packs for my truck?
Old 04-20-2011, 07:38 PM
ReaperGN

Default RE: Stampede Brushless 4X4

I would suggest getting a 2s pack. I am not sure of the dimensions. But a fair amount of people have found they don't like the VXL motor and the 4x4 setup generates a lot of heat. There are also a lot of drive train parts breaking on the 4x4 pede's. I would look around and see what other company's have to offer. If you don't need lots of ground clearance Thunder Tiger makes some really nice 4x4's for a good price.
Old 04-20-2011, 10:48 PM
masterhacker1989

My suggestion to you:
http://www.redcatracing.com/RC-Cars/.../GroundPounder

Ive heard good thing about them, Ive not heard good things about the stampede Vxl, the redcats slower, but they are still pretty cool. Im looking into getting one and installing a brushless motor at some point
Old 04-21-2011, 09:16 AM
Breakstuff

I run 2S in mine. I wouldnt go 3S unless your planning on dropping 100+ for MIP, or Tekno driveshafts. 3S will constantly break the stockers. I break them on 2S quite a bit. Otherwhise tough truck. As long as you get a 2S or 3S 20C or 40C pack, it will fit. The truck comes with battery strap to fit lipos. No problem here. I get mine from Hoppypartz. I am running 2S 40C5000 MAH Blue Lipo. Work great. Cheap. I get about 30-45 min runtime on this battery.

Also, my 2 cents. Stay away from the other junk and just get the Pede or slash 4x4. You will be happy you did. I have no issues at all with it other than listed above.
Old 04-21-2011, 11:17 AM
guys2nv

The only major weakpoint as stated above is the rear diff output yokes. I lowered the suspension on mine and have been running 2s and no driveshaft problems since. Going to the MIP X-Duty rear cvd's is basically a must if you wanna run 3s. As for the VXL-it runs hot in almost any rc on 3s-adding the esc fan and heatsink on the motor will drop temps 10-20F. You could always pull out the VXL system and sell it for about $120 and upgrade to an adjustable esc setup like a castle MMP or something from hobbywing (Ezrun,Xerun). Almost any 2s1p lipo will fit (2s 30c 5000mah blue lipo's fit) but if you buy a lipo where the wires come outta the side then you'll have to modify the battery tray by removing alittle of the vertical side of the tray right by the center driveshaft. Heres acouple pics of how I modified mine to fit with a blue lipo 3s 30c 5000mah. You won't have to do this with a hardcase lipo like a gens ace but you might wanna make a different battery plug for a gens ace b/c they come with the balance plugs on there plugs and using castle's 4mm bullets b/c the stock bullets can become dislodged and have a tendencey to come out (hey it's a $35 battery but they work great).

Old 04-21-2011, 11:54 AM
Breakstuff

I wondered about lowering it. If that would help with the Shafts breaking. I am actually going to do that tonight. I am putting some aluminum adjustable shocks on it. I just need to run and get some shock oil. The 30 weight thats in them is way too thin. Would bottom out a lot.
Old 04-22-2011, 04:36 AM
Breakstuff

I got the Pede fixed last night. I did lower the suspension on it to straighten out the shafts. It does look like it will be a lot easier on the output yokes for sure. The suspension was way to soft for my liking still though. I put some 80 weight shock oil in the stock shocks and cut down some of my stock Savage springs i had laying around. MUCH better. Nice and stiff now, but still gives when needed. I took it out late last night with my Slash sheels and tires on it and ran it on the concrete, and in the grass. No issue on that run, and seemed much better now. I think i found the perfect setup for me.