Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

cleaning question please.

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2011, 04:54 PM
Turqui
My Feedback: (139)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default cleaning question please.

hi everybody; i have a traxxas t-maxx 3.3 nitro,wich i have been using at a stadium were they have a sand and dirth track(off road style), so the truck gets dust and dirth all over in and out; so ; i will like to know what is the proper and most safe way to clean every part of this truck( electronics, metal parts,bearings,engine,plastics),with out harming at all; and what can i use after to keep everythig protected,and lubricated?
also some times the engine starts and it shuts off inmediatley,so after many tryes its wen stays on. any suggestions?
also i have noticed that the engine smokes a lot wen you accelerate a lot; what that means? adjustment? how?
thanks.
Old 04-28-2011, 06:27 PM
masterhacker1989

Default RE: cleaning question please.

I first clean my tmaxx with compressed air from my air compressor, just to get rid of as much crap as possible, then I hit it with simple green, or soapy water, let it sit a while, and scrub it with a tooth brush, If my engine is out of the vehicle, ill sometimes spray it with carb cleaner, or brake cleaner, or engine degreaser depending what I have lying around
Old 04-29-2011, 03:21 AM
CUHRYTDUH
My Feedback: (12)

Yes , if it has junk all over it then first use compressed air to remove some. There are several types of RC cleaner you can buy. I use dynamite magnum force 2, It cleans and dries very quickly(does sometimes leave a little ashy color on plastic parts). As far as tuning it sounds like you may be a little rich, especially if it stalls when you first give it gas. Lean it out a little on both needles. Also you can heat up the engine with blow dryer to make for an easier start. Alot of blueish smoke is good so dont lean it too much to where there is none at all.
Old 04-29-2011, 10:36 AM
DEKUM510

Compressed air + Engine de-greaser + A rough paint brush or toothbrush, I prefer the long bristled rough paint brush.  
Old 04-30-2011, 09:07 AM
ajb1205

WD40 also works very well. Spray it on, let it soak, give it a good brushdown and hit it with the air compressor...it'll look like new.
Old 04-30-2011, 09:20 AM
Ttam Says Blarg

Air compressor, simple green, toothbrush and a rag is perfect for shining up any rc. If you really want to get crazy for pics use those detailer wipes for the dash of a real car for shiny.
Old 04-30-2011, 11:44 AM
Turqui
My Feedback: (139)

Thanks everybodi for your suggestions; now, one more question:
About spraying wd40, or degreaser, or simple grean as suggested by some of the replies; can these products be also spayed safely on the servos? Electronics? Trany? Gears? Bassically all over? Best regards and thanks.
Old 04-30-2011, 06:12 PM
masterhacker1989

as long as your not soaking your electronics getting a little cleaner on them wont hurt
Old 05-02-2011, 10:44 AM
DEKUM510

Don't directly spray your electronics.....if anything spray a rag or toothbrush then wipe it down...