Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

evx-2 help

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2011, 12:03 PM
james_bl2003

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default evx-2 help

I was out running my emaxx today. When it kinda acted funny. Kinda hesitating abit. So I shut it off now my evx won't stay powered on. I push the button and the evx light turns green but when I release it, it won't stay on. Anyone got a clue what's going on with this, or am I just screwed and needing a new esc.
Old 04-30-2011, 12:47 PM
james_bl2003

Default RE: evx-2 help

Well I'm not sure this makes sense but. After messing with it and unplugging everything I can eventually get it to turn back on and the truck runs fine. But if I shut it off I have the same problem again. Is it overheating or something. I've been breaking in another titan motor but I'm only running 13t pinions on my motors.
Old 04-30-2011, 03:36 PM
pritch

Are you running one new and one old motor? It *shouldn't* be a problem, but I would run two new titans rather than one old, one new.

What batts are you running? Any external bec or anything else non-stock going on with it?
Old 04-30-2011, 07:18 PM
james_bl2003

I'm running 8.4 duratrax 4600 mah. Everything is stock except the lower pinion gearing. I was running one old and one new titan motor. Mainly just to hold me over till I get something better. But after it acted up a few times it hasn't done it again which I thought was weird. The esc wasn't even hot to the touch or anything. The motors were a lil warm but not fryed by no means. Thinking of going brushless if I can find a waterproof setup or at least doing the dewalt motor if I fry the titans again.
Old 05-02-2011, 07:47 PM
jrowles91

When this happened to me it was because my batteries were to low. OR your having receiver problems. It's pretty decent in not letting the truck "run away" if it doesn't have signal. And the glitching you encountered prior to it starting to act funny could be proof of this?