Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

tmaxx question

Im wantin to know which tmaxx this is. i know its the tmaxx 2.5 but i want to know specs.4910? 2 speed forward and reverse? newer or older model tmaxx? im a hpi guy an know nothing of traxxas but found this at a great deal. any info on this truck would be great!! thanks guys.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	by76597.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	295.4 KB 
ID:	1617677   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ni23923.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	320.5 KB 
ID:	1617678  

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: tmaxx question

Thats not a t-maxx, but an s-maxx or sportmaxx. they were only 2wd, single speed and no reverse. Looks like the 4wd upgrade has been done though because i can see fron axles.
    If Jesus was put to death 40yrs ago instead of 2000, would everyone be wearing little electric chairs around their necks?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

is it newer than this model? this is one i only had for a week awhile back. thanks
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	nl30663.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	1.56 MB 
ID:	1617680   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pk31138.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	1.57 MB 
ID:	1617681  

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

sure its not a tmaxx with just a smaxx body?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: chevymanmike1010

is it newer than this model? this is one i only had for a week awhile back. thanks
    Im not positive if it is newer or not, but it does have the newer grey battery box and reciever box and shocks. And no im pretty sure it is only an S-maxx/sportmaxx since it does not even have a reverse servo next to the steering servo, and those are s-maxx/sportmaxx tires
    If Jesus was put to death 40yrs ago instead of 2000, would everyone be wearing little electric chairs around their necks?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I could be a model #5109 3.3 S-Maxx that someone put a 2.5 engine and front diff and driveshaft’s on or a 2.5 model 4910 that someone put S-Maxx tires on and an FOC.

Rub some dirt on it, it\'\'ll quit bleedin.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I think it is a smaxx but its not the original smaxx that had the 1 speed. i did some reading last night an they made a 1 speed smaxx with a 2.5, then a newer 2 speed smaxx 2.5, and now they have a 2 speed smaxx 3.3. so its more than likely a 2 speed smaxx with the 4wd conversion. correct me if im wrong but isnt it just basicly a 2 speed forward only tmaxx? all parts interchangable? its rtr with everything for $200, think its worth it? he said reverse works great so i wonder if these were older pics and he put a reverse tranny in it. think its worth $200 bucks? has less than 1/2 gallon on truck. thanks.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I would ask him to send you pics of it that were taken TODAY. If the new pics have a reverse servo installed then it might be legit, if not then he is lying and you should run away from this deal! Even at 200 bucks its really not much of a deal anyway

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

i talk to him. he is a seller on this site, 56 years old and been buildin for 24 years. 80+ feedbacks, all good and alot of tmaxx's sold so i think he knows what hes talkin bout. its just the wheels, tires and body off a smaxx is what he said when i talked to him. $200 for a tmaxx with less than 1/2 gallon, ill take a chance on it not havin reverse,  but peoples feedback dont lie so ill see how it goes an let yall know. thanks guys for all your help.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

The first set of pics : that truck is new the then the truck in the second set of pics. the first t-maxx trucks had a plastic chassis plate and the second gen t maxx trucks had aluminum.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I'm pretty sure a TMaxx never had a plastic chassis plate. If you can find one, I will buy it from you...
    Rub some dirt on it, it\'\'ll quit bleedin.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Agreed Snook! lol...

And also there is a difference between the "S-Maxx" and the "Sport Maxx".
    S-Maxx actually stood for Stadium Maxx and had 2 speeds, no reverse and 2WD. It came out at the release of the 2.5 Maxx (before the 2.5R phase)
    The Sport Maxx came out after the original .15 and was also 2WD but only had 1 forward gear and no reverse. It had a Truck style body similar to the orig .15 Maxx.
    Please, thrill me with your acumen.