Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

Question about center diff..E-Revo BL

Old 06-07-2011, 05:49 AM
stuberger
My Feedback: (6)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question about center diff..E-Revo BL

Got a question....if I switch to the center diff option for the E-Revo BL do I still need to install the slipper clutch and if so, is it okay to go with the Robinson Racing one?
Old 06-07-2011, 01:43 PM
stuberger
My Feedback: (6)

Default RE: Question about center diff..E-Revo BL

Nevermind...found out I do....
Old 06-11-2011, 07:39 PM
Mspeed

I'm not a big fan of the robinson racing slipper for the erevo. You have to use their metal spur and that limits you in gear ratio's not to mention the added noise from metal to metal contact and wear issues on the gears. The plastic spur is lighter and works great if you set the mess properly, if you have a drive line issue the plastic will just strip and possibly save some other parts from failing.

If you want a upgraded slipper, then either get the alum. pads from traxxas if you dont have the newest model e revo that comes with them now days or get the Hot racing double up slipper!!

THe only real problem with the spurs stripping on the e revo is the motor plate flexs and can cause the pinion and spur to get out of adjustment long enough to strip the spur. Mine has been fine for now, but some have had issues with it.
Old 06-12-2011, 02:49 AM
jackripped

ORIGINAL: Mspeed

I'm not a big fan of the robinson racing slipper for the erevo. You have to use their metal spur and that limits you in gear ratio's not to mention the added noise from metal to metal contact and wear issues on the gears. The plastic spur is lighter and works great if you set the mess properly, if you have a drive line issue the plastic will just strip and possibly save some other parts from failing.

If you want a upgraded slipper, then either get the alum. pads from traxxas if you dont have the newest model e revo that comes with them now days or get the Hot racing double up slipper!!

THe only real problem with the spurs stripping on the e revo is the motor plate flexs and can cause the pinion and spur to get out of adjustment long enough to strip the spur. Mine has been fine for now, but some have had issues with it.

! What he said ! ^