Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

E-Revo BL Shock Question...HELP!

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2011, 11:29 AM
stuberger
My Feedback: (6)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default E-Revo BL Shock Question...HELP!

Got yet another question... I did a upgrade to the VDP shock kit and ran into what I might think is a problem.
I always usually overtighten things so this time I was careful.... When I took apart the shocks, I noticed the top cap wasn't too tight and the lower caps were pretty loose. I kept this in mind so I got an idea of how to re-tighten everything
when I put things back together... (I did notice at the end when I put the lower caps back on the shock bodies that if I tighten them just a tad tight with hand the rod dosn't have smooth travel so I loosened them like they were).

I made sure as in the instructions not to overtighten the nut that holds the piston...they turn pretty freely on the shaft...

I filled them up with oil and did the old up and down until air was out and let them sit for 15mins...

I took a look at the bladders in the caps and they looked good...seated well.

When I started to put the top caps back on alot of oil came out of each of them...I then tightened the caps with fingers until snug and then used the wrench and tool to tighten them...I made sure I didn't tighten them too much as to kill the bladders.

I had a problem with one leaking at the bottom of cap so I unscrewed it and took a look see...the bladder looks fine...seat looks like it is round and fitting close the sides of the shock body....refilled and put them cap back on...

As of a hour or so I don't notice any oil leaking from the caps however, the small relief holes in the top caps have been having small amounts of oil still showing...very little but they are.... WTH is this...is this okay?

For once in my life I was careful not to over-tighten (and I know that are not loose either) and yet another head scratcher....

Quick note...I have let the revo sit and when I compress the suspension I notice a little oil coming from the holes in caps and the when I let the revo up, the oil goes back in...very, very little but it's doing it....
Are you suppose to put the bladder in the cap or on the top of the shcok body and them put the cap on???

Any help would be great...and if someone could come over and show me how it's down...that would be a wet dream!
Old 06-11-2011, 07:22 PM
Mspeed

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: E-Revo BL Shock Question...HELP!

I always put the bladder in the cap before i screw it down; that way im sure the bladder wont get off set as i screw the cap down over the seal of the bladder. The bladder makes its seal at the very end of the cap threads as you tighten it down and its already pushed up against the cap.

The oil that you see moving up and down in the bleed hole is most likely the overflow inside the cap/bladder that was left behind as you tightened the cap down. As you push the shocks in, the oil is pushed out by the bladder, as you let the shocks extend out, the oil is pulled back into the bleed hole.

SOunds like you did everything correctly, even if you dont put the bladder in the cap first, dont worry im sure its fine. The excess oil will soon go away. I push the rod up half way before I screw the cap on, less bladder expansion inside the cap.