Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

Traxxas Nitro Stampede Information

Old 09-11-2011, 02:44 PM
YarOne

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Traxxas Nitro Stampede Information

I want to buy my first Nitro RC monster truck, my budget is about 300 dollars. I have alot of experience driving and maintaining them but i have never actually owned one myself.
The one I have been looking at would be a Traxxas Nitro Stampede, these are durrable and fast right?? I heard some talk of the diffs being shotty but i dont plan to bash this thing.
The most I would do would be a little jumping and going fast. It would be my first RC car/truck, i plan to drive it on grass, dirt, and asphalt.

Any information would be extremely helpful!!

Thanks
Old 09-12-2011, 02:45 AM
chris6414
My Feedback: (10)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Traxxas Nitro Stampede Information

I just picked an older two wheel drive one with .15 Pro in it for my son. Lots of power for smaller truck and wheelies good. It is not Jato,T-Maxx or Revo like speed but not bad for a single speed tranny. I let him drive my T-Maxx 3.3 and it was too much for him. The stampede is a simple design to maintain. I just wish it had a larger tank. They can be found a little cheaper than $300 used on here and other forums.
Old 09-12-2011, 05:28 PM
YarOne

Ok, good. Im glad to hear these trucks are good for begginers. I assume they are pretty druable right? And when you say they're not Jato and t-maxx speed do you mean top end or acceleration? I want a truck that is fast but unbearible if you know what I mean.

Thank you for your informaton.
Old 09-13-2011, 05:46 AM
chris6414
My Feedback: (10)

It wheelies good so if you can get it to hook uo she takes off pretty quick. With a .15 Pro in it, you'll know if it is rich but once she tunes in, you almost need extra weight up front to keep it under control as they squat and get light on the front and stay light as long as your in the throttle. They put 2.5s in these as well. Same CC motor but more power.
Old 09-13-2011, 05:06 PM
YarOne

I heard these things wheelie like a *****, and plus 2wd doesn't really draw me in either. I could get it tuned and somehow get weight up front. I was also considering the T-maxx for a little bit more money it has everything i want plus i can jam on the gas a little bit more without it flipping over :/

Thank you for your information.
Old 09-14-2011, 10:24 AM
james_bl2003

If you don't mind a used one to start with. You can find used Revo and tmaxx for close to 300 they are bigger than the stampedes and are 4x4. But especially if you went with like a revo 2.5 or tmaxx 2.5. You should be able to find one fairly cheap.
Old 09-14-2011, 12:46 PM
scoobs92

i had a nitro pede they are really fun and easy to maintain i blew my diffs cause i put a 2.5 in it but i went back to the .15 and rebuilt the diffs and never had a problem again i wish i never got rid of it i have more fun with that than i did with my tmaxx cause they are lighter than the maxx and jump really nice
Old 09-14-2011, 06:01 PM
YarOne

Well, everything sounds pretty good with the pede, I like the fact that i can do alot with it, 2wd is a big disadvantage for me but for beggining  it might be alright.

And yeah a used one wouldn't bother me too much, aslong as its around 300

Scoobs, did you put any upgrades on your pede??

Old 09-15-2011, 07:53 AM
scoobs92

i kept it pretty much stock and it took a heck of a beating i didnt really care about the 4wd because i used it mainly on the pavment and grass and light dirt its a fun little truck to bash and the .15 was more than enuff power for it alot of people dont like the way it wheelies but once you get to know it you can controll it while doing the wheelies check around ive seen them between 150-250 used