Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

Brushless E-Revo Thread

Old 10-28-2011, 01:14 AM
rollingball

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Brushless E-Revo Thread

I have yet to paint my Slipstream ProLine body.
Old 11-06-2011, 08:54 AM
TheKennyKiller
Banned

Been doing a few upgrades. I still have to trim up the body a bit but I am scared to make the final cut, Does anyone know a good way to smooth off the edges ? I was thinking light sandpaper ?

Old 11-06-2011, 10:14 AM
t9dragon
My Feedback: (11)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sand paper or dremel.. Also mark and drill your body mount holes before you paint it.

Which body is that?
Old 11-06-2011, 10:52 AM
TheKennyKiller
Banned

Thanks I wasn't sure when I should do the holes. It's a Pro-Line F150 Raptor, I am pretty impressed with it so I'll probably get another one. It can be cut to incorporate the wing but I think it will look better with out so I got a RPM rear bumper mount for the 3.3
Here is a better pic.

Old 11-06-2011, 03:31 PM
t9dragon

Looks nice...
Ya it is better to mark and drill the mount holes before painting that way you can mark it prefectly.
I might have to get one of those for my Flux. I just bought the Ford F-650 for the Flux. You should see the one I am doing for my E-Jato.
Old 11-06-2011, 07:53 PM
TheKennyKiller
Banned

I thought about getting the F650 over this one so I might even get that one next... show me your E-Jato when your done with it, If Traxxas made one I would probably get myself an E-Jato.
Old 11-20-2011, 05:52 AM
hybridshocker74

Kenny use an exacto blade. That works the best
Old 11-20-2011, 06:59 AM
TheKennyKiller
Banned

dude you must have more skill then me, I just gave it a quick try and I would be scared to cut myself if I slipped. I am pretty much done with this body, I'll probably paint it in the next week. I shelled out for a cordless dremel the other day so I just have to clean up a few edges and then the painting begins. It's far from perfect but for my first body that I cut I am happy and I think I'll do more. I painted a pro graphics body a few days ago for practice and It came up pretty good, I'll post pics when I get a chance.
Old 11-20-2011, 05:15 PM
t9dragon

ORIGINAL: hybridshocker74

Use an Exacto for what?
Old 11-20-2011, 07:40 PM
TheKennyKiller
Banned

ORIGINAL: t9dragon

ORIGINAL: hybridshocker74

Use an Exacto for what?
for cutting out the body I presume. I got one for cutting stickers but the pressure I need to cut the lexan scares me.
Old 11-21-2011, 12:38 AM
Foxy

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Yeh, I agree. Easy to slice a finger, but in any case I've become such a master with the curved scissors these days I can't imagine going back to the knife where I always used to overrun. Made a right mess of some bodies with the craft knife. Curved scissors for the win, I never even need to trim or sand any more, perfect cut all around.
Old 11-21-2011, 06:56 AM
t9dragon

ORIGINAL: Foxy

Yeh, I agree. Easy to slice a finger, but in any case I've become such a master with the curved scissors these days I can't imagine going back to the knife where I always used to overrun. Made a right mess of some bodies with the craft knife. Curved scissors for the win, I never even need to trim or sand any more, perfect cut all around.
I use the curved and straight scissors too, I can't cut a straight line using just a exacto knife.
Old 11-24-2011, 09:13 AM
TheKennyKiller
Banned

Old 12-05-2011, 12:12 AM
TheKennyKiller
Banned

Painted a Pro Graphics body and added some alloy pro 3 rockers, I had to buy integy because they were the only ones I could find in stock anywhere but they seem pretty good. I'll post some pics of the F-150 ford Raptor body when I get the stickers on. My painting skills are just passable at best but I'm happy with the outcome.

Old 12-05-2011, 08:39 AM
dunning3075
My Feedback: (2)

Man I wish I could get one of these my summit is pretty slow.
Old 12-05-2011, 08:46 AM
LaTuFu
My Feedback: (1)

Yeah, but the Summit has its own abilities that the ERBE does not. They each have their advantages, depending on the situation.

And you can always convert your Summit to an ERBE if desired.

Old 12-07-2011, 11:16 PM
TheKennyKiller
Banned

I was jumping off my ramp today and I was going to land on the lid so I pulled the trigger and just got the wheels to the ground but I still had my finger fully compressed[&:]

The result

I have messed up a few diffs but this is the first one that I actually broke some teeth off, kinda proud of myself.
Old 12-12-2011, 08:22 PM
hybridshocker74

yo yo!
Dude, I just read this, if you need help I could help you out, did you finish yet?
Old 12-12-2011, 08:28 PM
hybridshocker74

ouch... Sorry dude, I wrote that last message when I was on page 2, I haven't been on in a while... Anyway the body you did looks pretty damn good bro!
Sorry about your incident, if it pisses you off and something so minute is stressing you, just think the worst... Say to yourself- "Self, could you imagine if when you landed the jump with the throttle fully pulled in and you ran straight into the curb"... See it ain't so bad now...LOL..
Old 12-12-2011, 08:38 PM
TheKennyKiller
Banned

It's all good... I was annoyed when I knew I did something to the diff but when I pulled it apart and saw teeth that had fully broken off I thought it was pretty funny. The body came up ok but I kinda scratched it up before I took photos of it. I'll probably order a few more bodies in the new year, I really enjoyed the whole process of cutting and painting it. Postage is the killer for me, it pretty much doubles the price of a body because they are so big.
Old 12-13-2011, 08:51 AM
pyromatic177

my project E-revo, just put shocks and pushrods on it. slowly but surely

Old 12-19-2011, 12:54 AM
jackripped

You guys need to do some bashing and get some dirt on them shiney machines ! Mine hassent looked that shiny since it was taken for its first drive ! LOL !
Old 12-19-2011, 02:07 AM
RustyTumbles

ORIGINAL: TheKennyKiller

ORIGINAL: LaTuFu

The main thing you want is a metal gear servo with at least 250 oz torque. The stock servos are 125 each. As long as you have 250+ you're good to go. Unless you are planning to run really beefy tires like Big Joes or something like that, then you might want to give yourself a little more headspace than just 250.
The Hitec 645 has 133oz of torque so two of them would be ideal and you guessed it I have some big joes... The Hitec HS-7955TG has 333oz so I think I'm going to get it. Thanks for the info.
The 7955TG is a digital servo and will give you the full torque from idle (centre) Where as the 645 is still an analog servo so you will not get the full torque until it is at full travel. The digital also has a smaller deadband which will give you alot better centre.
Old 12-19-2011, 04:00 AM
TheKennyKiller
Banned

ORIGINAL: RustyTumbles

ORIGINAL: TheKennyKiller

ORIGINAL: LaTuFu

The main thing you want is a metal gear servo with at least 250 oz torque. The stock servos are 125 each. As long as you have 250+ you're good to go. Unless you are planning to run really beefy tires like Big Joes or something like that, then you might want to give yourself a little more headspace than just 250.
The Hitec 645 has 133oz of torque so two of them would be ideal and you guessed it I have some big joes... The Hitec HS-7955TG has 333oz so I think I'm going to get it. Thanks for the info.
The 7955TG is a digital servo and will give you the full torque from idle (centre) Where as the 645 is still an analog servo so you will not get the full torque until it is at full travel. The digital also has a smaller deadband which will give you alot better centre.
lol... I still haven't bought that servo but it is in my Tower shopping cart ready for my next order. The crazy person inside me wants to run two of them but I highly doubt I will. I kinda like the slower speed of the 645MG, it feels more realistic if that makes sense. I haven't used any digital servos (except for the stock ones and they are pretty crap) but I expect it would be a bit like driving a forklift at high speeds, I might be way off and it will handle great but it's just a theory I have. I'll get a 7955TG or two after the silly season is over and give it a shot regardless.

Does anyone know a good single servo steering arm? I was thinking maybe this one http://thetoyz.com/Traxxas/REVO/Stee...oncepts/11544/ but it's not in stock.
Old 12-19-2011, 04:02 AM
TheKennyKiller
Banned

ORIGINAL: jackripped

You guys need to do some bashing and get some dirt on them shiney machines ! Mine hassent looked that shiny since it was taken for its first drive ! LOL !
Post up some pics of your dirty E-Revo, I need some inspiration.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.