Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

Brushless E-Revo Thread

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2011, 01:35 PM
t9dragon
My Feedback: (11)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Brushless E-Revo Thread

Why are you selling it?
Old 10-11-2011, 02:38 PM
Kylar
My Feedback: (42)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I need a new laptop, mine took a swan dive off the bed onto a hardwood floor.....

Why? want to buy it?
Old 10-11-2011, 02:42 PM
t9dragon

ORIGINAL: Kylar

I need a new laptop, mine took a swan dive off the bed onto a hardwood floor.....[img][/img]

Why? want to buy it? [img][/img]
ouch that stinks...

if I bought it, it would just sit on the shelf... because I have a Savage Flux HP and Savage XS that get all my attention..
Old 10-11-2011, 02:47 PM
Kylar
My Feedback: (42)

Yeah it does.

I hear ya, I have a Brushless Losi XXL and a Summit, so the revo pulled the short straw and is up for sale.
Old 10-11-2011, 02:50 PM
t9dragon

ORIGINAL: Kylar

Yeah it does.

I hear ya, I have a Brushless Losi XXL and a Summit, so the revo pulled the short straw and is up for sale.

LOL..... mine and my son's 4wd Slashes' did the same thing when we got the Savage XS's.....
Old 10-12-2011, 09:19 AM
TheKennyKiller
Banned

I'm finally getting around to doing a few upgrades and I have run into a bit of a problem... I want to run twin hitec servos but I can't figure out how to make one of them go in reverse ??? I tried doing it as it said in the manual and just as I assumed it would it reversed both of the servos... I remember on the old traxxas transmitter it was as simple as flicking a switch to reverse any of the channels but the 2.4 system runs both the servos on one channel... I know there must be a way to do it and it's probably so simple it deserves a face palm so any help would be appreciated.
Old 10-12-2011, 09:37 AM
TheKennyKiller
Banned

Maybe it's not as simple as I thought, well without soldering skills that is... I might try this.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EK_FdRTenl0[/youtube]
Old 10-12-2011, 09:52 AM
t9dragon

ORIGINAL: TheKennyKiller

I'm finally getting around to doing a few upgrades and I have run into a bit of a problem... I want to run twin hitec servos but I can't figure out how to make one of them go in reverse ??? I tried doing it as it said in the manual and just as I assumed it would it reversed both of the servos... I remember on the old traxxas transmitter it was as simple as flicking a switch to reverse any of the channels but the 2.4 system runs both the servos on one channel... I know there must be a way to do it and it's probably so simple it deserves a face palm so any help would be appreciated.
What are you running the second servo for?
Old 10-12-2011, 11:21 AM
TheKennyKiller
Banned

ORIGINAL: t9dragon

What are you running the second servo for?
I'm starting to ask myself the same question. I thought at first best to keep things balanced and I know two 645 Hitecs are overkill but I wanted to do it anyway. As Cartman says I do what I want .

I'm thinking one servo might be the way to go and I know the 645 will do the job but I am thinking I might try one of these three.

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...I=HRCM7954&P=K

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&P=SM&I=LXTHR3

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXBXA7&P=0

will they fit ? any thoughts ? overkill ?
Old 10-12-2011, 11:51 AM
t9dragon

Are doing it for dual steering?
Old 10-12-2011, 12:08 PM
TheKennyKiller
Banned

ORIGINAL: t9dragon

Are doing it for dual steering?
do you mean like dual rate steering? if so than no

I just want a ducks nuts servo but if any of the above don't have any real benefits for me than I'll probably just stick with the 645. The Hitec HS-7955TG with it's titanium gears sure does sound nice though...
Old 10-12-2011, 01:12 PM
LaTuFu
My Feedback: (1)

The main thing you want is a metal gear servo with at least 250 oz torque.  The stock servos are 125 each.  As long as you have 250+ you're good to go.  Unless you are planning to run really beefy tires like Big Joes or something like that, then you might want to give yourself a little more headspace than just 250.
Old 10-12-2011, 01:25 PM
TheKennyKiller
Banned

ORIGINAL: LaTuFu

The main thing you want is a metal gear servo with at least 250 oz torque. The stock servos are 125 each. As long as you have 250+ you're good to go. Unless you are planning to run really beefy tires like Big Joes or something like that, then you might want to give yourself a little more headspace than just 250.
The Hitec 645 has 133oz of torque so two of them would be ideal and you guessed it I have some big joes... The Hitec HS-7955TG has 333oz so I think I'm going to get it. Thanks for the info.
Old 10-12-2011, 02:15 PM
TheKennyKiller
Banned

I got my Hitec 645 servos working together ... don't ask me how, I had a hitec in on side and the traxxas servo in the other and I just wanted to test it and they were both turning the same way so just now I just plugged in both the hitecs and they are turning opposite to each other so one is working in reverse. Not sure what I did wrong just happy it is working... thanks for your help peeps.
Old 10-15-2011, 12:15 PM
TheKennyKiller
Banned

does anyone know if there is anything different between the 3.3 diffs and the BL diffs ? On ebay I found a heavy duty diff that the seller said is pulled from a BL E-Revo and the same seller has one pulled from a 3.3 that is half the price... I have some diffs from my old 3.3 that I want to use and they look exactly the same and the BL diffs...
Old 10-15-2011, 09:15 PM
t9dragon

Revo 3.3 rear exploded view
http://traxxas.com/sites/default/fil...ews_rear_0.pdf

BL Revo rear exploded view
http://traxxas.com/sites/default/fil...r_100126_0.pdf

From comparing the to views they look pretty close to being the same...
Old 10-16-2011, 01:47 AM
TheKennyKiller
Banned

Thanks T9 the only difference I can find is the part numbers on the output and spider gears, for the BL it's 5382X and for the 3.3 it's 5382... I searched part# 5382 on Tower and they don't have them, all they have is 5382X so I'm guessing Traxxas upgraded the output gears and spider gears and stopped using the old gears all together? I think I'll order some new spider and output gears and upgrade my old diffs.
Old 10-17-2011, 07:14 AM
LaTuFu

The e-revo diff case has an additional plastic brace built into it that the 3.3 diff casing does not have. Other than that, everything else is the same.
Old 10-17-2011, 07:48 AM
TheKennyKiller
Banned

The e-revo diff case has an additional plastic brace built into it that the 3.3 diff casing does not have. Other than that, everything else is the same.
I just took the casings apart on both the diffs and they look exactly the same... the ring gear and pinion gears are the same as well so I'll check the gears inside the diff to see if they look to be made from the same grade of steel. The 3.3 diffs I have are about 4 years old now so it would seem they haven't changed the casing since then.
Old 10-17-2011, 08:27 AM
TheKennyKiller
Banned

I just took the casings apart on both the diffs and they look exactly the same... the ring gear and pinion gears are the same as well so I'll check the gears inside the diff to see if they look to be made from the same grade of steel. The 3.3 diffs I have are about 4 years old now so it would seem they haven't changed the casing since then.
I think I see what you mean now there is a brace inside the diff itself but it's steel... also the screws holding the ring gear in place on the 3.3 diffs are shorter but I don't think that will matter much... all the gears inside look the same so it looks like they added a brace for support and longer screws.
Old 10-17-2011, 09:39 AM
LaTuFu

Okay, cool.  Didn't mean to point you towards the wrong part.  I've only got the ERBE and Summit for reference, no Nitro.
Old 10-17-2011, 10:05 AM
TheKennyKiller
Banned

Okay, cool. Didn't mean to point you towards the wrong part. I've only got the ERBE and Summit for reference, no Nitro.
No problems at all bro I appreciate your info and if you hadn't mentioned a brace I probably would not of taken them apart tonight (I'm a bit addicted to Forza4 right now) but your post kinda made me want to get to the bottom of it.

I'll post up some pics of the differences later on so it might help others out. I haven't been able to find out much by searching myself and I don't think it is worth paying double the price for the complete BL diff from ebay just for a little brace and longer screws, rebuilding them will always be the best option IMO.
Old 10-17-2011, 10:22 AM
LaTuFu

Yeah I hear ya. Sometimes the Summit diffs (complete) are pretty cheap on Fleabay, too.  If you don't mind having the external diff lock connection on it.
Old 10-17-2011, 04:24 PM
Mclovin350z

Hitec 5645mg is all you need....168 oz/in @ 6 volts for 40 bucks!
Old 10-27-2011, 06:33 PM
TheKennyKiller
Banned

I just got my Pro-Line body in the post along with some scissors and body hole reamer... This is my first attempt to cut and paint a body and I'm a little nervous about messing it up so I'm going to watch as many videos on painting bodies as I can find before I start. Any tips would appreciated.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.