Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

need opions

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2011, 02:53 PM
thunder5005

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need opions

in everyone opions what is the best 4x4 electric truck cause the area where i live in has an lot of rough terrian.
Old 10-24-2011, 05:34 PM
maxx2200
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: need opions

Savage Flux HP.

Old 10-24-2011, 05:40 PM
t9dragon
My Feedback: (11)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

In this order Savage Flux HP, Savage Flux 2350, Savage XS, E-Maxx, 4wd Stampede....
Old 10-25-2011, 06:05 AM
masterhacker1989

as ive said 1000 times, savages break, tmaxx's, emaxx, and stampedes all break. Its just that they all have different things break in them.

Those savage flux's are too powerful, they tear them selves apart. i had a few people buy them fromt he hobby store Iworked at, adn they were always replacing drivetrain parts
Old 10-25-2011, 10:07 AM
LaTuFu
My Feedback: (1)

It's all in what ya want out of your truck.  The Flux HP is great for raw, unbridled power, but it's not the greatest handling truck in the class.  The BL E-Revo can be faster, handles much better, but you'll find many who argue (on both sides) as to which one is more durable.

The ERBE is a more flexible platform, if you are the kind of rc fan who like to tinker.  Want to make it a drift car? Can be done.  Want to make it a truggy? Can be done.  Want to make it a mean 6s Basher? Also possible.

In the end, you probably will enjoy any of the trucks listed.  Stick with the big names, Traxxas, HPI, Losi, and you won't have any issue finding support for them.

The final choice may come down to what your LHS likes to carry for spare parts.  If they are mostly Traxxas, that's probably a good place to start.  If they are HPI, there ya go...
Old 10-25-2011, 11:54 AM
ReaperGN

Depends on what you want. I think the Revo is a Truggy failure that people need to let go. But a Maxx can become anything you want. Out of the box the Savage or Kyosho Mad Force will be the strongest. If you want handling the Revo is supposed to be a good choice but skip it and just buy a truggy. If you want 10th scale (not MT's) then forget Traxxas. Between the drive shaft and heat issues they just are not worth it. And if the Terrain is so rough that a 2wd cant handle it then a Axial Wraith may be what you want.
Old 10-25-2011, 04:19 PM
masterhacker1989

I wouldn't say the revo is a truggy failure, yes stuff breaks on them, but find a rc that doesn't have that problem. Its a little over priced, but not  a horrible rc
Old 10-25-2011, 04:23 PM
pyromatic177

agreed. i love the revo and e-revo flux is sweet too
Old 10-25-2011, 07:10 PM
ReaperGN

For the price there are far better handling and faster trucks that don't bounce around like a van with bad shocks. I don't mind the slayer but a MT should not have 1/18 scale shocks or have the roof almost even with the tires.
Old 10-25-2011, 07:44 PM
pyromatic177

do you own any traxxas vehicles reaper?
Old 10-25-2011, 07:57 PM
ReaperGN

Traxxas pede
Traxxas T-Maxx
Traxxas Blue Eagle LS
Kyosho Rock Force
Kyosho Jet Stream
Tamiya F-350 High Lift
Losi Jr. T
Old 10-25-2011, 11:53 PM
Foxy

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The people tearing their fluxes apart because of the power are doing so because they didn't upgrade the one single part that needs it (the HD drive gear in the tranny), and they don't shim their diffs properly. Also, the internal diff gears breaking can be mitigated significantly by running thick oil in them. A popular setup is 50k front, 30k rear, you'll break a lot less diff internals in this way. I have an acquaintance who beats his truck like it was a red-headed stepchild, hasn't even done the HD gear upgrade, and has had no breakage at all (he shimmed and filled the diffs though). Also, Savages don't handle that bad once you put thicker shock oil in them, remove a few of the preload spacers (ie lower it a bit) and oil the diffs.
Old 10-28-2011, 12:52 PM
steed2-inactive

my flux is coming up on its one year birthday for me. i maintain the hell out of the truck. run 50000 weight diff oil front and back. trans and both diff cases full of grease. spray the pinion and spur with wax motocross chain lube after every run.
i run the truck fairly hard . still running original trans gear, never shimmed the diffs. i did break a lower control arm in the park from cartwheeling it but i still blame the tires that i had on it at the time. proline mashers are heavy.

also i only run 6s, with the slipper tightened down with a wrench.(very tight)

i have 2 savage x, a savage flux, a savage xl, a revo 3.3 a tmaxx 3.3 an emaxx brushless edition and a losi after shock.

the flux hands down is my favourite.