Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

MODDED NITRO STAMPEDE WHEELIE BAR!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2012, 02:04 PM
reapers_reptiles

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MODDED NITRO STAMPEDE WHEELIE BAR!!

Stampede modded #3678 wheelie bar!!!!

ok.. so i went to my local hobby shop.. and the guy there accidently sold me the wrong wheelie bar

i have the 4109 nitro stampede.. and he sold me the #3678 wheelie bar for the ELEC Stampede..

i even asked about it before i bought, anfd he assured me it would fit with minimal effort.. ya..OK!

pulled out the dremmel and went to work..

the stock rear bumper got cut in half.. making it ALOT easier to access the battery pack.. first great idea..

then i tapped some 4 new holes in bottom of the wheelie bar mount AND the rear bumper..(just before the battery box.. also had the cut notches into the battery box to accomidate the screws) and took the 4 screws and CA to it..

left it over night.. then modded some stock traxxas shocks (bent the rod to the proper angle mid shaft so the springs clear the battery box and attach to the wheelie bar mount.. i also popped out the ball joints that were pressed into the shocks and used the dremmel to shave down the mounts)

all i did for the side that "attached" to the main rear shock tower.. was simply use the mounts of the shock caps to wedge into the larger holes of the tower just under the exhaust mount.. and BAM.. they slide out "easy" (well. they wont fall out on impact, you need to tension the springs a fair ammount to get them to slide out.. and the mounts that attach to the wheelie bar mount itself rotate to make it easier to get em out of the way to change batteries and such)

TWO SCREWS IN MY MOUNT PIC ARE HIDDEN... I PUT IN TWO FROM THE BOTTOMINTO THE BAR MOUNT.. AND TWO FROM THE TOP THROUGH THE BUMPER... AND CA'D THEM IN PLACE

works AMAZING.. the bent shaft of the shock prevents the rod from sliding in too far, thusly allowing only so much play in the rear bumper.. and the springs provide the perfect ammount of cushioning to absorb the impact of those hard wheelies)

oh and BTW.. THE STARTER STILL FITS NO WORRIES!!!!!!

heres some pix!!

Old 04-10-2012, 04:24 PM
pyromatic177

Default RE: MODDED NITRO STAMPEDE WHEELIE BAR!!

wow. your good dude. smart thinking
Old 04-10-2012, 04:40 PM
reapers_reptiles

thanks.. took a couple days of obsessing on a 100 different ways i could do this.. and NONE of them even came close to this idea...

i saw a bunch of bolt on ones from different websites made for the nitro 'pede.. but i like this one better (even if i did have to do some mods to make it work)

first of all its adjustable... i can set the bar hight VERY easily (traxxas had a genious idea with that one.. but it was made for the electric stampede...glad i found a way to make it work on my nitro)

secondly the wheelie bar has its own suspension!!!

Old 04-10-2012, 05:25 PM
pyromatic177

LOL i know. shock absorbent