Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

Revo 2.5 Fuel Pressure

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2011, 11:33 AM
TheEmpty

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Revo 2.5 Fuel Pressure

After googling, the best resource I found was a post on this forum, but still haven't managed to fix my Traxxas Revo 2.5's fuel pressure. (Post:http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_40.../anchor/tm.htm)

When I take both of the fuel lines off and blow through the exhaust's line, fuel comes out of the other line. When I connect it to the carb and blow on the exhaust line the fuel moves until it reaches the carb and then builds up. When I try to start it, priming it, blowing the gas in, etc. gas never reaches the chamber as it is still dry. We recently replaced the O-Ring on the gas tank. So I guess, perhaps, that something is blocking the gas from entering the carburetor? How would I clean it? Better yet, how would I take the carburetor off!
I'm sorry if these is one of those simple things, I'm really not a mechanic type which is why I'm really enjoying this! But sadly I really do miss the sound of that nitro engine roaring! So I was wondering if I could get some help. Thank you in advanced.
Old 12-09-2011, 12:37 PM
pyromatic177

Default RE: Revo 2.5 Fuel Pressure

It sounds like your carb is clogged. Try cleaning it, there is a lot of tutorials on how to do that
Hope this helps
Old 12-09-2011, 02:28 PM
TheEmpty

Guess avoiding finals turned out to be enough motivation for me to man up and learn how to take care of a car! Took apart the carb and cleaned it (was really tempted to lite the napkin drinsed in nitro to see how flamable it is.) and was able to get the engine to start. Sadly it came to a rather abrupt end as the glowplug poped out and I was reminded that the heatsink's threadings were, umm, gone, and it needs to be replaced along with the glow plug. I think the glowplug is ruining the heatsink's threadings since I replaced it and then after the third time (before the engine started) that heatsink lost its threadings as well. Am I putting the glowplug in wrong or is it possible for that to happen?

Thanks for giving me the confirmation/confidence I needed to pull off the engine and carb apart, pyromatic. 
Old 12-09-2011, 02:31 PM
pyromatic177

hey no prob. but yes if you cross thread the glow plug it will do that.
Old 12-09-2011, 04:12 PM
Mclovin350z

Will it accept fuel if you hold the throttle open?
Old 12-11-2011, 06:46 AM
1QwkSport2.5r

Received 76 Likes on 69 Posts

ORIGINAL: Mclovin350z

Will it accept fuel if you hold the throttle open?
I was thinking something along those lines.. Either the idle needle is too lean or the idle gap is too narrow.

The crossthreaded glow plug hole is a different story. The OP needs a new cylinder head.

To the OP: Make sure when threading the glow plug in (the replacement head) that it is starting straight.
Old 12-11-2011, 09:06 AM
TheEmpty

It was on factory settings, the problem was no gas was going into the carb. There was a good amount of dirt in there, I think someone ran it without an air filter. 

Yeah, not looking forward to buying a new heat sink, thought they would be around $5 but they MSRP for $30 but seem to sell in the $20s
Old 12-11-2011, 09:38 AM
1QwkSport2.5r

Received 76 Likes on 69 Posts

ORIGINAL: TheEmpty

It was on factory settings, the problem was no gas was going into the carb. There was a good amount of dirt in there, I think someone ran it without an air filter.

Yeah, not looking forward to buying a new heat sink, thought they would be around $5 but they MSRP for $30 but seem to sell in the $20s
If your needles were set to "factory settings" and fuel wasnt reaching the carb, either there is a restriction inside the carburetor, faulty fuel tank and/or lines, or idle speed was too low (idle gap should be about 1mm between carb throat and the slide). If you didnt prime the engine and just crank it over, it takes a long time for fuel to reach the carb if it even does. You really should try priming it next time. I havent seen many car engines draw fuel very well on their own, they almost always need to be primed because the carb throats are often rather large which makes fuel draw very difficult without the engine already running.