Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

3.3 issues

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2011, 06:25 AM
maxidodies

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 3.3 issues

Hey,
Been wanting to ask a few questions lately but the traxxas forums have been down so I signed up for these forums. Anyhow I just rebuilt (not new parts, just for fun) a 3.3 but when I was pushing the sleeve out, I was actually pushing the piston so I left a mark about 2 mm deep in the piston. Also, I have a head leak due to rethreading the glow plug hole. I have not been able to start the engine, no sounds of ignition at all. I was wondering if a new head would get my engine going or/and if the piston is lost? I have attached a few pics of my 3.3 before reassembly just to show the condition of the internals.

Old 12-17-2011, 07:32 AM
Mclovin350z

Default RE: 3.3 issues

I would sand the piston scratch with 600 grit just to remove any sharp burrs.....only the damaged area.
Then get a new head and slap it together. That small notch you took out should not affect much, but it will have an effect.
Old 12-17-2011, 10:39 AM
maxidodies

ORIGINAL: Mclovin350z

I would sand the piston scratch with 600 grit just to remove any sharp burrs.....only the damaged area.
Then get a new head and slap it together. That small notch you took out should not affect much, but it will have an effect.
Okay then, I'll try that. I'll just buy a head off ebay with 2 new plugs for 20$.

Old 12-20-2011, 07:37 AM
Jake C6R

Just a suggestion for next time. Put some zip ties in the exhaust port on top of the piston and rotate the engine to push the sleeve out. No need to "push" it out and scrape something, it will pop right out with no damage.