Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

Traxxas Summit

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2012, 08:55 AM
Summit is Beast!!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Traxxas Summit

I ordered some drive shafts yesterday bc one of my boots tore on my passenger rear half shaft. I was looking this morning and i dont even know where to start on taking the old 1 out. Has any1 seen a vid on how to do this?
Old 02-22-2012, 10:05 AM
pyromatic177

Easy. Take off the wheel, then you'll see 2 blue round rubber thing in the hub, pull them out, then there's a tool that they should've given you to take out the plastic type screws that are behind the blue rubber buttons. after the plastic screws are out you'll see 2 silver screws called pivot balls, remove them pull out the hub, now up by the diff if you look at the drshft you'll see a little screw called a pin screw. remove, take off drshft put new one on and repeat my steps backwards
Old 02-22-2012, 10:20 AM
LaTuFu
My Feedback: (1)

ORIGINAL: Summit is Beast!!!

I ordered some drive shafts yesterday bc one of my boots tore on my passenger rear half shaft. I was looking this morning and i dont even know where to start on taking the old 1 out. Has any1 seen a vid on how to do this?
Toss those shafts into your tool box and wait until the current ones are really broken.

Those boots are complete garbage. They tear if you look at them wrong. They're more for looks than anything else. You can run the truck just fine with them torn.

Old 02-22-2012, 10:36 AM
TheKennyKiller
Banned

Don't know of any videos but it's not all that hard. The best thing I could recommend if you don't already have them is some good hex drivers, the tools that come with the truck will get you by but they pain to use after a while. I got 2mm and 2.5mm Hudy hex drivers at my LHS like these.
http://www.hudy.net/xhudy/products/p...&kategoria=538
http://www.hudy.net/xhudy/products/p...&kategoria=538
They seem to be really well made and I think they're great but there are plenty of options when it comes to hex drivers.

This is an easy method I use to remove the axles, Pyro's way works as well but I like doing it this way so I don't have to mess with the pivot balls. First remove the hub of course.

Then take out the grub screw from the base of the axle up near the bulkhead and slide the axle off the output drive.

Then all you have to do is push the axle back through the axle carrier. Too easy. Be careful not to lose your bearings out of the axle carrier and if they look a bit dirty it can't hurt to pop them out and spray them with a little WD40.
I agree with LaTuFu, no real need to replace the axle because of a torn rubber boot but if you're going to do it anyway I would for sure keep the old axle as a spare.
Old 02-22-2012, 10:50 AM
Summit is Beast!!!

Ok thanks alot. I guess ill just wait til i have to replace it if that torn boot isnt going to hurt anything.
Old 02-22-2012, 11:11 AM
LaTuFu

If you go mudding somewhere, and bury that sucker up to the axles, you might want to take the time to pull the shafts apart and flush out any mud that got packed in the shafts. 

Otherwise, if you're just bashing on dirt/grass/whatever and it's just getting "dirty" blow the truck off with compressed air and have no fear.
Old 02-22-2012, 12:33 PM
Summit is Beast!!!

Ok ive been puttin general purpose grease around it b4 i go out. And i clean it with a water hose and air hose after every run.
Old 02-23-2012, 01:20 PM
TheKennyKiller
Banned

Ok ive been puttin general purpose grease around it b4 i go out. And i clean it with a water hose and air hose after every run.
Go easy on the grease, It's not bad to have a little bit hear and there but it does attract more dirt so it can be a case of catch 22.
Old 02-23-2012, 01:31 PM
TheKennyKiller
Banned

I got really bored yesterday and I do stupid things when I am bored so... I installed my Mamba Monster from the E-Revo into the Summit. I kinda wanted to see how it would go with the softer suspension and the high and low gears so I thought what the heck. It's not quiet as fast as the E-Revo because of the softer springs but it's still plenty fast, I had a blast hooning up and down the street with it and I had plans to take it to a small track we have here in a local park today but wouldn't you know it, the rain arrived. I'll swap it back to the Titan sooner or later but it does make me want to get a sensored brushless set up, this beast is fast.

Old 02-23-2012, 02:43 PM
pyromatic177

Heck yeah Kenny sensored system are awesome. Like i said that what i'm getting for my build. i'm just buying ESC and motor seperate to save a bit. and then eventually i'll buy a program card so i can crawl! Wooo Hooo
Old 02-23-2012, 03:55 PM
Summit is Beast!!!

This is my Summit, there are many like it but this one is mine. Lmao damn why didnt i think of that!!!
Old 02-23-2012, 05:08 PM
TheKennyKiller
Banned

This is my Summit, there are many like it but this one is mine. Lmao damn why didnt i think of that!!!
Because I did. :P I'm sure you can come with a cool signature, and you need a profile pic as well Beast.
Old 02-23-2012, 06:12 PM
pyromatic177

Yeah that is a sweet sig. What do you think of mine. just changed it a while ago. Even though it seems like it i'm not just followin Kenny LOL
Old 02-23-2012, 06:47 PM
Rare

Finally got my Xerun system installed and its waterproofed and ready for anything! Did a couple of test runs and its smooth as butter and fast as lightning!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ur52399.jpg
Views:	79
Size:	85.4 KB
ID:	1730903   Click image for larger version

Name:	Mh20642.jpg
Views:	81
Size:	103.5 KB
ID:	1730904  
Old 02-23-2012, 07:28 PM
TheKennyKiller
Banned

ORIGINAL: pyromatic177

Yeah that is a sweet sig. What do you think of mine. just changed it a while ago. Even though it seems like it i'm not just followin Kenny LOL
Cool signature you big follower you. lol
Old 02-23-2012, 07:29 PM
TheKennyKiller
Banned

ORIGINAL: Rare

Finally got my Xerun system installed and its waterproofed and ready for anything! Did a couple of test runs and its smooth as butter and fast as lightning!
Looks good, nice job. Got any videos in store for us??????
Old 02-23-2012, 08:14 PM
Rare

ORIGINAL: TheKennyKiller

Looks good, nice job. Got any videos in store for us??????
No videos yet...but i do plan on making some soon.
Old 02-23-2012, 09:46 PM
Rare

anyone know where to get aluminum diff cups? I cant find them anywhere. Ive read you can shim the diffs to strengthen them, but what does that mean and how do you do it?
Old 02-23-2012, 10:20 PM
TheKennyKiller
Banned

anyone know where to get aluminum diff cups? I cant find them anywhere. Ive read you can shim the diffs to strengthen them, but what does that mean and how do you do it?
You mean these ones?

http://www.truckmonster.de/shop/k003u013s001.htm

Shimming the diffs basically means adding shims or washers to the either the diff pinion gear or the ring gear or both to make them mesh together better, but if you shim them too much they'll bind up and cause you more problems.
Old 02-24-2012, 05:16 AM
LaTuFu

You can also give these a try:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Hot-Racing-A...item5ae4e18d98

Old 02-24-2012, 07:26 AM
pyromatic177

ORIGINAL: LaTuFu

You can also give these a try:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Hot-Racing-A...item5ae4e18d98

What do the diff cups do?

Old 02-24-2012, 07:38 AM
Rare

I know the revo and the summit are the same truck and use the same parts, but ive read somewhere that the revo diff cups are different than the summit diff cups. Is this true? Has anyone used the aluminum revo diff cups on the summit?
Old 02-24-2012, 11:04 AM
LaTuFu

ORIGINAL: pyromatic177

What do the diff cups do?
They house the spider gears for the differential. It looks something like this before you attach the Ring Gear:

Old 02-24-2012, 11:05 AM
LaTuFu

I know the revo and the summit are the same truck and use the same parts, but ive read somewhere that the revo diff cups are different than the summit diff cups. Is this true? Has anyone used the aluminum revo diff cups on the summit?
The E-Revo and the Summit both use the same Diff Cups, there is an additional bracing in the cup that isn't in the Nitro Diff.

There are several guys on the Traxxas forum who are using some custom fabricated aluminum Diff Cups from a company in Germany. One guy who has been testing them since last fall says he has yet to blow up a diff since he began using them.

They are a pricey option, a pair of them costs around $150 USD. But if you're not blowing diffs up anymore, that's a pretty solid investment.

Old 02-24-2012, 02:48 PM
Rare

Whats the difference between the Hot Racing cups and the ones from germany? Besides the big price difference...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.