Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

Traxxas Summit

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2012, 01:37 PM
thehuntingterminator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Traxxas Summit

ORIGINAL: vic2367

quick question here ,,just recieved my summit used ,with no manauls ,,can the stock esc be run with 1 lipo ? as i tried this and the truck wouldnt even turn on or start

thanks

vic
Yes, but you would need a homemade connector that touches the negative and positive together on the un-used side so that you get a complete circuit.
Old 07-24-2012, 01:38 PM
thehuntingterminator

ORIGINAL: Summit is Beast!!!

Man it sure is jumpy! Why is it doing that?
Why is the truck so jumpy? Terrible driving and soft suspension... oh and don't forget: LOTS OF THROTTLE!
Old 07-24-2012, 05:02 PM
Summit is Beast!!!

Lol ok...took my truck out today and did get a terrible vid bc i was by myself and sat my iphone down on a rock...so it was crap but anyways i noticed that there is a clicking sound coming from my rear end and my back diff doesnt lock! The servo still works but it just doesnt lock down anymore. Im about to order yet another shift servo and was wondering if there is a rear diff rebuild kit or do i just have to replace the whole thing?
Old 07-24-2012, 05:15 PM
thehuntingterminator

Today when I took mine out I slowed to a crawl in order to shift from first to second, and then nothing. Simply revved really high and just sounded like there was a gear in the tranny spinning freely. Then, shifted it back into first, drove it around for a minute, and from then on second has worked flawlessly. Very odd. I actually got a video of it and I will post a link once it's up. I'm just gonna assume that it was the shifting servo not shifting it fully... but I'm sure that there is more to it than that.
Old 07-25-2012, 04:44 PM
Summit is Beast!!!

Im going to be taking my rear diff out and apart tonight to see what is clicking in there. Never takin that out b4 hope i can get it all back together fine!!! Lol
Old 07-26-2012, 06:04 AM
Summit is Beast!!!

I was just going thru my spare parts and found all these!!! My 2065 graveyard!!! Lmao

I just ordered a new rear diff.  Ill just fix the old 1 and save it for a spare.
Old 07-26-2012, 06:28 AM
TheKennyKiller
Banned

LOL Looks like you gave one a haircut. The diff isn't too hard to get at, take off the shocks, body mount and the skid plate, after that it should be pretty evident what the next step is. It wouldn't hurt to replace a few bearings as you go seeing as you like to run in water but it's up to you.
Old 07-26-2012, 06:32 AM
thehuntingterminator

ORIGINAL: TheKennyKiller

It wouldn't hurt to replace a few bearings as you go seeing as you like to run in water but it's up to you.
I agree. This would be wise.
Old 07-26-2012, 01:05 PM
thehuntingterminator

I got my BL system in! Oh my gosh, this thing is amazing. It has probably 3 times the power of the stock system. I'm hitting close to 30-35mph right now (only 3/4 throttle, tires shake too bad causing it to become uncontrollable). Once I get some new tires and tape them, I should at least be able to hit 35mph, which seems really fast on this monster. Plus, no cogging whatsoever (that's noticeable) so crawling is still there. Basically, same machine, just now I don't have to worry about motor temps, it's got alot more top end, and it will do wheelies on demand! I love BL in this thing.
Old 07-26-2012, 02:41 PM
B_Krukow

OK I still havent got around to ordering my new batteries. I am torn between the SPC 8200's and the Turnigy 7600's. The Turnagys are $20/each cheaper and I have read nothing but good reveiws on them. I want as many mAH as posible so that latter I can upgrade to either a duel Dewalt or a BL setup. I also want to save money if its not nesasary to spend on the more expensive batteries. Realisticaly on my currently stock truck howmuch more run time will the extra 1200mAH of the SPC batteries get me VS the Turnagys? Whats everyones opinions on the subject??? The price diference is $40 total so its not a huge diference I am more conserned abought Quality( wich apears to be a wash between the two) and run time. I want as much run time as posible, but is the extra $40 for the extra 1200 mAH worth it?
Old 07-26-2012, 02:43 PM
thehuntingterminator

ORIGINAL: B_Krukow

OK I still havent got around to ordering my new batteries. I am torn between the SPC 8200's and the Turnigy 7600's. The Turnagys are $20/each cheaper and I have read nothing but good reveiws on them. I want as many mAH as posible so that latter I can upgrade to either a duel Dewalt or a BL setup. I also want to save money if its not nesasary to spend on the more expensive batteries. Realisticaly on my currently stock truck howmuch more run time will the extra 1200mAH of the SPC batteries get me VS the Turnagys? Whats everyones opinions on the subject??? The price diference is $40 total so its not a huge diference I am more conserned abought Quality( wich apears to be a wash between the two) and run time. I want as much run time as posible, but is the extra $40 for the extra 1200 mAH worth it?
No way. I wouldn't pay more than $2-3 for an extra 1200mah, and definitely not anywhere close to $40. Pickup two sets of the Turnigy's for the price of one set of SPC's.
Old 07-26-2012, 04:49 PM
Summit is Beast!!!

Na man go with the turnigys! Like i said i have the 7600s and ive ran for over an hour and havent come close to 3.4 yet!!! After an hour im tired of ridin anyways!
Old 07-27-2012, 05:34 PM
Summit is Beast!!!

I was on utube a min ago and typed in summit and found this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rgd01qJjnR0&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Fast forward to 1:00 and watch!! Holy ";/,$!!! I would never get back on that thing!!!
Old 07-27-2012, 07:44 PM
thehuntingterminator

After breaking 3 driveshafts on under 24 hours of having the brushless system, I knew I had to do something. The answer? I turned down the overall power (using my TQi) to 80%. This is very similar to the stock system but with a little more top end. I really like the truck like this. Oh, and I mounted up some Trencher X tires all the way around. They are amazing.
Old 07-27-2012, 09:46 PM
TheKennyKiller
Banned

ORIGINAL: Summit is Beast!!!

I was on utube a min ago and typed in summit and found this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rgd01qJjnR0&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Fast forward to 1:00 and watch!! Holy '';/,$!!! I would never get back on that thing!!!
Check this out, I think these people were filming it from the bottom.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HB3K5HY5RnE
Old 07-28-2012, 05:15 PM
Summit is Beast!!!

Got my rear diff in today...im off monday so ima put it in then. Wish me luck
Old 07-29-2012, 08:36 PM
TheKennyKiller
Banned

ORIGINAL: thehuntingterminator

After breaking 3 driveshafts on under 24 hours of having the brushless system, I knew I had to do something. The answer? I turned down the overall power (using my TQi) to 80%. This is very similar to the stock system but with a little more top end. I really like the truck like this. Oh, and I mounted up some Trencher X tires all the way around. They are amazing.
What were you doing to break 3 driveshafts? A lot of people use those shafts in their ERBEs without any problems. Did you tighten the slipper down or something?
Old 07-29-2012, 08:50 PM
thehuntingterminator

I was pushing it hard with the slipper tight, but I tried to leave it loose. However, after 2 minutes of running with it loose, it started smoking! Trust me. Those things weren't built for this kinda power.

What were you doing to break 3 driveshafts? A lot of people use those shafts in their ERBEs without any problems. Did you tighten the slipper down or something?
Old 07-29-2012, 08:59 PM
TheKennyKiller
Banned

I was pushing it hard with the slipper tight, but I tried to leave it loose. However, after 2 minutes of running with it loose, it started smoking! Trust me. Those things weren't built for this kinda power.

Yeah you need those heavy duty slipper pads for BL power.
Old 07-29-2012, 09:03 PM
Summit is Beast!!!

Yeah i added the HD slipper to mine and its prob the best $15 ive spent so far!!!
Old 07-29-2012, 09:23 PM
thehuntingterminator

Yeah but I'm sick of dumping money into it. Already has over $1000 into it, before I do anymore damage I would like to sell it and get me a nice Ofna 10tt or a 4x4 SCT and a crawler.
Old 07-29-2012, 09:45 PM
TheKennyKiller
Banned

Yeah but I'm sick of dumping money into it. Already has over $1000 into it, before I do anymore damage I would like to sell it and get me a nice Ofna 10tt or a 4x4 SCT and a crawler.
You're selling already? You were just getting to know your Summit, oh well glad you had some fun with it. What are you going to ask for it? I saw new Kawasaki editions going for $420 on ebay, I know they are bone stock unlike yours but that is dam cheap for a Summit if you ask me.
Old 07-30-2012, 05:12 AM
Summit is Beast!!!

Lmao wow that was quick! I love my summit!!!! I wouldnt take $1500 for it right now in $100 bills!!!!
Old 07-30-2012, 05:16 AM
Summit is Beast!!!

Like i said b4 my friend might trade u that losi crawler. It comes with alot of parts and a couple of lipo batts. He has alittle over a grand in it so it would be an even trade.
Old 07-30-2012, 08:30 AM
thehuntingterminator

You're selling already? You were just getting to know your Summit, oh well glad you had some fun with it. What are you going to ask for it? I saw new Kawasaki editions going for $420 on ebay, I know they are bone stock unlike yours but that is dam cheap for a Summit if you ask me.
Yeah, I'm gonna try to sell it already. I found a guy that wants to trade me his barely used T-Maxx 3.3 with brand new motor (looks like it was maybe run once and he says he's only owned it for about a month). If I can convince him to throw in an extra $100 on top of the truck, I'll probably trade him. Always wanted a nitro and then I would get an extra $100 to buy myself a mini/micro crawler to play with. How does that sound? Like a fair trade?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.