Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 6 of 83 FirstFirst ... 456781656 ... LastLast

RE: Traxxas Summit

So when i was cleaning my summit today i took the motor out and looked at the linkage to the rear diff. When i put the motor back on last time i had wires put back in the wrong spot and it was holding up the linkage from locking the rear diff...my servo is fine thank god!!! Everything is back to working order
    Summit-$564, Tires and wheels-$150, lipos,servos and all my hopups-About $700, being the owner of the best rc ever-priceless!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: JahVega

*for all of us summit users. get the kershaw designs upgrade. its still brushed waterproof and faster about 10 miles and still extremely capable at low speeds.
    can anyone confirm this? Is it really 10mph faster?

I was thinking the same thing...i googled it and didnt find it. Any1 have a link they could post. Also im thinking of painting my stock rims with black truck bedliner so it will be tough and not chip, does any1 have any pics of black stock rims b4 i get to the point of no return. And i noticed one of my tires came unglued...what do u vets use for tire glue?
    Summit-$564, Tires and wheels-$150, lipos,servos and all my hopups-About $700, being the owner of the best rc ever-priceless!

Found a pic. I love it! Im painting them tomorrow. Ill post some pics when they are done.

I don't normally contact RC companies but I decided to email RPM and ask them if they had any plans for making rear arms for the Summit. The answer I got was basically that there are no plans as of right now but that it would be mentioned in a "new product" meeting. I don't know about you guys but I would buy rear RPM arms for sure. If you feel the same way shoot of an email to RPM telling them you want some RPM arms for your Summit, who knows they might just decide to make them. Email them at Talk2Us@rpmrcproducts.com

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

So, has anyone ran a dewalt motor? Im seriously considering a dewalt setup over a BL setup due to HIGH torque and it would already be completely waterproof. Ive also read that the dewalt setup can reach up to and around 30mph with proper gearing. The dewalt route is much cheaper obviously. I will be running 2x 2s 5000mah 40c batteries. What do you guys think?

Here is a link to the Kershaw Designs stuff. I am still running stock, If the motor dies I'm not sure which route I will take be it brushless or dewalt so I'll cross that bridge when I come to it. I've read there are a few small things needed to be done for the dewalt like using a dremel to cut the pinion off and making a flat spot on the shaft for your desired pinion. I'm not sure what else needs to be done and I can't find the thread I read about it.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

PLASTI DIP (Black- Spray can) can be used to paint wheels. They will dry and be a nice flat black color. I actually use this stuff on my real Dodge Charger SRT8 wheels as well as the grill and it has held up great for over 1 yr. It actually protects the wheels and is easy to peel off without leaving reside.

CORROSIONX for those who want a Brushless Set-up that is waterproof. Takes about 10 minutes, last a year.
    Trucks: Brushless Traxxas E-Revo , Brushless Cen GST, Traxxas Summit (Dewalt 820 pending)
    Quads: DJI PHANTOM w/FPV, Blade MQX, V222, Hubsan X4, Proto X, (Ecks Custom Build..)

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Kershaw Designs 14.4v DeWalt conversion is simply a kit to make the DeWalt conversion a little simpler.  There is a dual motor version of it, too.

The 14.4v DeWalt motor is a pretty commonly used "upgrade" to the 775.  More power, speed, and torque than the 775, but still uses the stock EVX2 and remains waterproof.  Definitely not the all out speed of a brushless, but its more than stock.  It's also pretty cheap, since the motors are usually $35-$40.  The brushes are replaceable, too, so ongoing maintenance is not a big deal.

As far as CorrosionX is concerned...many people are using it successfully to "waterproof" their ESCs in a Brushless setup.  Just understand, if you are considering this option, that CorrosionX is not a waterproofing product.  It coats the surface with a highly water repellant coating.  This can be enough to protect the ESC for 90% of the water exposure it might see, but it isn't a 100% foolproof solution.

I'm not suggesting that CorrosionX is a bad idea or that you shouldn't do it.  I'm simply suggesting that if you don't have the budget to go out and replace your ESC if it gets fried due to water damage...consider this option very carefully.  
    Like the Thunder Tiger MT4 G3? Check it out on wondertiger.com

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

If the dewalt can get the summit up to 30mph i think thats pretty good. I mean how fast can you go with the summit and still be able to control it well? Straight aways of course would be no problem, but when youre bashing around i think 30mph is plenty for the summit. Because who really wants to just do just drag race all day? Sure youre summit can hit around 40mp, but once you try to turn it you flip over. It makes me wonder if a BL system even makes sense in a summit...

There is no way im putting more speed in mine...it almost flips over now going top speed and turning. Thats just not what it was built for. I couldnt even imagine doing 40-50. It would be impossible to control.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: Summit is Beast!!!

There is no way im putting more speed in mine...it almost flips over now going top speed and turning. Thats just not what it was built for. I couldnt even imagine doing 40-50. It would be impossible to control.
    Are running the stock setup?

All stock...the way its going to stay. Maybe get some lipos in a few months but thats it.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

All stock...the way its going to stay. Maybe get some lipos in a few months but thats it.
    Nice! I would definitely get some lipos if I were you. Longer run times and better performance. You wont regret it.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

If your not looking to spend a bunch of money getting into some Lipo's check these out: http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=20680 6000mah 2s Nano tech. I bought a pair $62 to the door. They are the exact same size in every way as the stock power stick 7 cell batts. except weight lol they weight about a third as much. Thats a lot of battery for under $70 shipped for a pair. They have great power and very long run times with the stock set up.
    That was the only upgrade mine has seen (so far)
    Jay

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Ooops double post, didn't think it was doing anything the first time I pushed the button..

Found a pic. I love it! Im painting them tomorrow. Ill post some pics when they are done.

Did you paint the wheels yet? I just saw a pic of a guy who used pasti-dip to somehow paint his wheels and it came up looking pretty good, not sure weather he painted it on or dipped it or what. We don't have plasti-dip here in Aus so I'm unfamiliar with it and how it is used.

No not yet prob going to monday when im off. Im going to use spray in truck bedliner so it will be hard as a rock and not chip.

So i was looking at some lipos tryin to figure out which 1s i wanna get and i noticed the other plug that they have. What is it for? And what else will i have to do in order to use lipos or can i just plug them into a stock summit and go?

New Summit is available and it has the new TQi radio but apparently it does not have the docking base, that in true traxxas style will be sold separately. But the big news that I am excited about is that the Summit now comes with LOW VOLTAGE DETECTION!!!

Bit of a bummer that I only got my Summit 5 weeks ago but I don't really care about the radio and they did jack up the price a bit. I will be trying to get my hands on one of the new ESCs though, I hope they are churning them out fast enough to accommodate everybody who wants to add one to their Summits.

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...-ESC-Batteries

So i was looking at some lipos tryin to figure out which 1s i wanna get and i noticed the other plug that they have. What is it for? And what else will i have to do in order to use lipos or can i just plug them into a stock summit and go?
    Those are the balancing plugs used for balance charging. Do you have a good charger or are you still using the one that came with it?

The pos ez peak so ima have to get a new charger i know.

The pos ez peak so ima have to get a new charger i know.
    There's are few options for chargers and you don't have to spend a lot to get a decent one, I have a Surecharge 2010 and it's a good charger but it is a bit pricey and it doesn't have many features. Hyperion also makes some good chargers, again they are pricey but they do have things like storage charge. Then there is the Thunder AC6, this charger is CHEAP but from what I've seen they are great for the money.

If your looking around at different chargers and you just want something that will plug into a wall look for ones that are AC/DC otherwise you will need to buy a power supply to go with it and make sure it has balancing plugs of course

Surecharge 2010. I'm sure you could get a better deal on one of these if you looked around on ebay.
    http://www.racers-edge.com/Racers_Ed.../rcesc2010.htm

Hyperion EOS0606I AC/DC Balance Charger
    http://www.maxamps.com/EOS0606i-AC-DC.htm

Thunder AC6
    http://www.hobbypartz.com/thac6smbachw.html

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: TheKennyKiller

New Summit is available and it has the new TQi radio but apparently it does not have the docking base, that in true traxxas style will be sold separately. But the big news that I am excited about is that the Summit now comes with LOW VOLTAGE DETECTION!!!

Bit of a bummer that I only got my Summit 5 weeks ago but I don't really care about the radio and they did jack up the price a bit. I will be trying to get my hands on one of the new ESCs though, I hope they are churning them out fast enough to accommodate everybody who wants to add one to their Summits.

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...-ESC-Batteries
    That is a rediculous price! Almost 800 bucks just because it has that stupid new radio and a LVC? This sounds like a much better deal! Save $255 http://thebarnfloor.com/catalog/prod...oducts_id=2147 And buy this LVC for under 5 bucks shipped. http://www.ebay.com/itm/1-8S-Battery...item1e6b112b5b
    If Jesus was put to death 40yrs ago instead of 2000, would everyone be wearing little electric chairs around their necks?

I know right, it is a bit of a rip off... I just want the ESC so I can be waterproof and still have LVC. Not sure if those are the final prices but the ERBE with the TQi is $20 cheaper then the Summit so something isn't right.

Page 6 of 83 FirstFirst ... 456781656 ... LastLast