Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 68 of 82 FirstFirst ... 1858666768697078 ... LastLast
Results 1,676 to 1,700 of 2048

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Traxxas Summit

Hmmm idk. Im sure it would look good. Ive got a friend that wanted to dye his with the hunter green so if he does it before u do ill post some pics.
    Summit-$564, Tires and wheels-$150, lipos,servos and all my hopups-About $700, being the owner of the best rc ever-priceless!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Summit is Beast, you were worried about using only one set of wires to the motor. But are those push on connectors on your Summit? Those are the worst there is. Get some good connectors.
    Below is my Summit with DeWalt motor. 6mm bullets on the ESC wires. Single servo setup with a HiTec 450oz mega torque servo. Aluminum diff cups and a whole bunch of other mods. Chains on the tires for snow, work pretty good and looks sweet.

PPPHEEEEEEEWWWW!!! Nitro Stinks!!!
    Electrics ARE the future, and the future is NOW

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

They r push on. So i should get the wires u have and solder them onto where the connectors connect?
    Summit-$564, Tires and wheels-$150, lipos,servos and all my hopups-About $700, being the owner of the best rc ever-priceless!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

You don't have to get what I have, but just about anything would be better than the push on. Just solder both black/red wires to one connector (the ones that go to the motor). I use 6mm bullet. 5 or 5.5 would be ok too. Or anything larger. You could use Traxxas connectors, they are pretty good, but it would be VERY hard to solder two wires to one of them. Bullets work best as you can easily solder two wires into them.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

+1 on the gold bullets. I wish I had put 2 wires in 1 connector too! Great idea Stuball, cleans things up, works well, and saves some $$
    The Kid

Summit w/14.4 Dewalt and other misc. el-cheapo mods.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

So Betty found the one I wanted from a different dealer and it will be at the shop on Friday I will be able to pick it up on Tuesday whaen I get paid I can't Fn wait :-)
    Slingin n flinging... MUDD

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Man i loved unboxing my summit!!! It was soooo much bigger than i ever thought! Lol

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I bet it is I've never even seen one of these monsters in real life just on the you tube. The only thing I've seen a wheel and tire its funny cause my slash tires almost fit inside of the dish of the stockers lol.

My charger will be here Friday as well I can go pick that up when it comes in. I don't want to see the summit box till I pick it up or it will drive me more insane then it already has the past month and a half lol

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Check this out if you haven't seen it already its a two part vid
    [youtube] http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=cL65rnXiQHg&feature=related [/youtube]
    [youtube] http://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=fvwrel&v=8mbV4jMzMEo [/youtube]

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

It was the same for me. I had watched videos on utube for like three months then i finally got it. Make sure to take plenty of pics so we can see the new shiny summit!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Oh believe me I will be. I bought the lady a new Nikon for Xmas she will be taking lots of photos for me in different places thru southern oregon here. Will you post another pic of the body you did with bed liner. I can't seem to find it 

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I love it your truck is just murdered out it looks real good did you do the wheels like that or would that add too much weight on the servos

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I did the stock wheels with it and it really doesnt add much weight. See...

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: nave88

I bet it is I've never even seen one of these monsters in real life just on the you tube. The only thing I've seen a wheel and tire its funny cause my slash tires almost fit inside of the dish of the stockers lol.

My charger will be here Friday as well I can go pick that up when it comes in. I don't want to see the summit box till I pick it up or it will drive me more insane then it already has the past month and a half lol
    Cool ! I think it's great that you are saving up for a Summit. Your hard work will pay off when you get it, as you know. I've had mine for about a year now, it's my all time favorite RC vehicle. I am even thinking of getting an FPV setup to use with it. But that's another ballgame. But the reason I am writing this post is really just to say Way to go! On saving up your money and having a pretty worthwhile and rewarding hobby. Any other hobbies you do? You mentioned on one post how you lost a heli in the river, bummer. Ever think of getting an RC boat? Lot of fun too if you have some place to run it. I am looking foreward to your getting your Summit, see how you like it and what you do to it. I've done a TON of stuff to mine. But they run great box stock. Just remember, you probably already plan on it, but......... drive it like you would a REAL 4wd vehicle of its size and power, ( as if we could afford a full size one, lol" . Don't run with the diffs locked! Only lock them when needed, you will save your diffs like that, for real. Resist the urge to do donuts with locked diffs! That would quicly ruin a full size 4wd and will do the same to your Summit!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Couple pics of my Summit with stock body. I didnt put it on the rocks, it gets up there all by itsself!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Wu61932.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	91.8 KB 
ID:	1841086   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Zu66134.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	124.3 KB 
ID:	1841087  

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Thanks stuball I'm really excited about this rc more so the my Helis and planes in the past. I have never thought about an rc boat there's plenty of places to run something like that here I just don't have a 1/1 boat to retrieve it when stuff goes bad. My other hobbies are to play halo from time to time and lots of disk golf in the spring and summer. I won the summer Ams series last year was pretty stoked about that. I will be posting a whole lot of pics when it arrives next week my buddy has a couple hill climbs set up at his house and the lady will be gone next weekend. Woot woot.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Am I going to want to take the motor out when I first get it and break in the Titan or is that something the factory does

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I just loosen the top screw and take it off the spur then run a full set of batteries thru it. Get a zip tie or piece of string to tie the trigger down at the point where its going the slowest. Then put alittle 3n1 oil on the 2 spots where the output shaft goes thru and ure ready to ride. thats what i do anyway.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I watched a video that and the guy said to put it in water cause it will help remove the debris and will not hurt the motor. I've never had to do this cause I've only owned brushless motors

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I dont do the water break in. The dewalt motor comes with a paper that says dont do it. After i do the break in i clean it out with motor cleaner.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

What's this motor cleaner I hear about is it like break cleaner basically. That would be nice cause that stuff is all over the shop lol. 

My other question is how tough is this truck? What I mean it how much stuff have you broken (besides those bloody little servos) like A arms, axels, pushrods, bumpers stuff like that. I see this truck take some nasty hits, tumbles, and falls and just keep going like it never happened. This is not the case with the slash lol

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I use this, u can get it at autozone or advanced auto...

http://crcindustries.com/ei/content/prod_detail.aspx?S=Y&PN=05018

Ive had my summit for 1 year and a month and ive never broken any of the things u listed. I replaced my 2 rear axles just bc the rubber boot tore. I just had to replace 1 turnbuckle only bc it had a little movement in it and was no longer tight. The other things(bearing, trans gears, diffs) are just usual maintenance. Nothing has really broken from bashing.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hey nave this is 1 of my fav. vids to show how much $&@! the summit can take and keep going.

http://youtu.be/ufpWos86z4s

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

That's pretty incredible it's hard to believe nothing was broken but from the thing I've read about the summit it is pretty hard to hurt. No wonder rpm doesn't make a whole hell of a lot for this thing

Page 68 of 82 FirstFirst ... 1858666768697078 ... LastLast