Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 73 of 83 FirstFirst ... 23637172737475 ... LastLast
Results 1,801 to 1,825 of 2055

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Traxxas Summit

Yeah with the bedliner. Its not holding up anymore on my body either. Im going to take it to a company that does the linex soon. That stuff goes on like a 1/4 inch thick!
    Summit-$564, Tires and wheels-$150, lipos,servos and all my hopups-About $700, being the owner of the best rc ever-priceless!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Careful cause that stuff is heavy as hell if you can find "reflex" where your at I'd prolly go that route if your set on that. Reflex is twice the stuff linex is IMO. It's a little more flexible as well. We sell people on it all the time at work
    Slingin n flinging... MUDD

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Took the truck out today. Found a new spot that is posted so its just a matter of time b4 some1 tells us not to come back. This place is great!!! Got some pics and a vid, ill post it up after I edit it alittle.

Summit-$564, Tires and wheels-$150, lipos,servos and all my hopups-About $700, being the owner of the best rc ever-priceless!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Looks awesome man here's where I went yesterday 

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

There's lots of hill climbs n such there I will be getting some more video made here soon to add to it

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

beast and nave, you got som killer spot's to drive in ..
    Drammen Rock City
    Tamiya KT,Tamiya JP,Heng Long KV2,Heng Long Tiger

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

So I was just down at the rc store and I asked about aluminum diff cups and they carried two of them one was made by a company called fast lane I think they were $30 and came with gears and the other one was from integy and it was $25. Anyone know anything about these cupps and if their even worth it cause i know the one from over seas is quite spendy.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Is getting an aluminum diff cup even worth it? What be benafits do you gain. The way I see it having metal gears should be enough but I also have yet to ripp into the diffs pesonally so I haven't seen any issues that may accur

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Ive had the stock diffs for over a year and the only probs ive had are bearings blowing out. Last sunday my front diff started ticking so i took it apart and it was just 2 bearings needed to be replaced after a year and a month!! Ive replaced the rear diff but that was bc i kept going after i knew that it need bearings. So ill never upgrade to metal diffs unless i start having probs with the stock 1s, so far looks like ill be keeping that stock.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

+1 Beast, I agree.  I think the more extreme drivetrains (MMP, Tekin,etc) would put extra strain on the diffs, but using the Summit where it shines out of the box, I agree.  I don't think aluminum cups are necessary either.  I feel the key to protecting the driveline is slipper clutch setup, and knowing when you have the chassis bound up or out of whack and not pulling the trigger
    The Kid

Summit w/14.4 Dewalt and other misc. el-cheapo mods.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Well I'm getting my taxes back here pretty soon and I will have a few bills to be able to drop in this this where should I start? I'm thinking new wheels n tires but I need more ideas.... HELP!!!!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

WHATS WRONG? My front diff will not unlock the servo moves as well as the bar and bell crank but nothing happens I'm trippin cause I don't wanna blow up the diff... Or is it too late and it's gone. 

I was asking about upgrades a post before would a steel driveline be smart? have any of you used it? looks kinda sick even tho you don't get to see it often 

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Yes def get the steel center drive shaft! The first run after I installed mine I could tell a huge diff. Alot smoother for some reason. Ive never had that happen to 1 of my diffs so I really couldnt tell u. Once u take it apart its usually pretty clear as to what the prob is. I also really like the hitec servos me and kenny have for steering. If not those id upgrade to a single servo steering setup...I kinda wish I wouldve went that route.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

What's a good single servo with enough torque that's still water proof cause I can't keep this thing away from water here

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I'm also thinking about that shiny dewalt motor I'd get the one with the wires pre soldered tho? Why would it come with no capacitors for the 2.4 version? The Titan 775 has em. 

Beast how's the dewalt doing for you I m is most every one that has them are completely stoked that they bought it I just don't recall hearing anything of your take on this motor. Any noticeable improvements?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

O man I love it!!! They say it doesnt need caps but it does! I went with the 18t pinion and it goes close to 30 mph now. More torque...all around 3x better than the titan, nothing wrong with the titan besides they only last 5-6 months. Dewalt is just better! And u can rebuild it for about $20! 2nd best $100 Ive put in my summit next to lipos.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Man that sounds really awesome i just might be making an order here in the next few weeks lol. Can you use the stock motor mount for a single dewalt

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I think ive seen where some1 did...u have to mod it tho.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Well I think I found my problem with the diff.. The pin that holds the t-lock gear in place was broken into three pieces I have no idea how that happened but that pin was $12 with the gear

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Much better than having to replace a $32 diff! Just got my 20x27 bearings that didnt come with all the spares I got for xmas! So when I get a spare 15 min im gonna put it all back together and rolling again!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

What's pain that was to put back together I took my time messed up twice and had to disassemble most the way back down I even had to break open the diff more then once cause I forgot an O-ring replacing a gear. It took me bout two n half hrs to put it back together. I don't know how easy it is for you guys but that's the first time taking the diff apart for me. I think next time i do wont be as stressful cause i know how it comes apart and goes back together again. Either way I learned a lot about my truck today and feel better about it even tho I may have cursed at it more then it deserves to be she's up n running again lol.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Yeah ive takin mine completly apart about 3 times not including just small fixes. The last time i took out my front diff a few days ago it took about 15 min. It gets easy after a few times.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

So if I get the dewalt motor with the caps it say that's for the am/fm radio prep and I have the 2.4 radio is it going to make a difference? I wouldn't think so myself because the motor is still being plugged into the same speed controller isn't it

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

How are these does anyone know? 
    http://www.asiatees.com/display.php?Traxxas-Summit-Parts-Hop-Ups-Upgrades&brand=Traxxas&model=Summit&id=38944&pid=1

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Yeah it will be the same just with caps. Those bearings look good to me.

Page 73 of 83 FirstFirst ... 23637172737475 ... LastLast