Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

Traxxas Summit

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2013, 09:06 PM
Summit is Beast!!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Traxxas Summit

What lipos did u get? Have u been using the stock nimhs?
Old 02-09-2013, 09:26 PM
nave88

I got those turnigy 7600 you have they seen to be the best bang for the buck. And yeah I've been using the stockers they seem to be losing their capacity some and I'd love to have longer run times since the day I pulled it out of the box lol. 

So I was just reading about kershaw and there's A LOT of negative feed back for them from people around the world. Most of the posts I read where more then a year old so maybe they have tightened up since then I hope. Have any of you guys here had an issue your willing to share?
Old 02-10-2013, 08:54 AM
nave88

A lot of the people that where having issues with Dan at kershaw where getting special orders and some of them sounded like they were flat out rude to him via the constant emails and calls. I wouldn't want to help them either. I also noticed that there where a lot of complaints from people not in the US I don't think I have anything to worry about. I can't wait to hook my summit up lol. I think I went over board :-/
Old 02-10-2013, 09:06 AM
Summit is Beast!!!

The only prob I had was he forgot to ship it so it took like 2 weeks!!!
Old 02-10-2013, 09:53 AM
nave88

Well I hope doesn't forget mine cause I'm going to the coast next weekend and if he sends it tomorrow it should be here by Friday :-) the oregon coast is loaded with rocks and hills to climb
Old 02-10-2013, 07:23 PM
JUCD VPR

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Do you think it is worth it to do the DUEL 820 set-up? Looking for some faster speeds.
Old 02-10-2013, 08:02 PM
nave88

I know a guys running duel dewalts and a 22t pinion and blows up diffs constantly I would have bought the duel set up but I don't feel like blowing up my truck or my wallet for that matter
Old 02-11-2013, 12:20 PM
JUCD VPR

ORIGINAL: nave88

I know a guys running duel dewalts and a 22t pinion and blows up diffs constantly I would have bought the duel set up but I don't feel like blowing up my truck or my wallet for that matter
Well i'm having my share of blowing up diffs in my BL E-Revoat the moment so I don't think I want to go down that road with my Summit. Looks like I will stick with a single Kershaw 820 for now, good thing is IF I decide I can always add a second, plus a benefit is it;s a bit cheaper for now so I can allot some funds to my Quadcopter build.

Any pinion gear recommendations since I am running the 24mm Cheyenne Wheels and Big Joe 40 series tires?

Do most of you run the center steel cvd? If so why? Did you pick up speed or just broke it and upgraded. I'm only asking because I'm teetering on getting it but then again I have not snapped any center shafts YET and i've owned the truck over 2+ years now.
Old 02-11-2013, 03:28 PM
Summit is Beast!!!

I got the steel cvd bc it looked good and it was an upgrade so why not. I like it alot, the first run u can tell a diff. Its alot smoother, its just a str8 shaft not pieced together like the stock 1 so less play. Its worth it imo.
Old 02-11-2013, 07:01 PM
nave88

Like summit said he was able to tell a difference right of the get. I just put one in my truck and too notice the diff it's a nice up grade IMO. I got it be ause I was worried about the stock with larger motors.
ORIGINAL: JUCD VPR

Well i'm having my share of blowing up diffs in my BL E-Revoat the moment so I don't think I want to go down that road with my Summit. Looks like I will stick with a single Kershaw 820 for now, good thing is IF I decide I can always add a second, plus a benefit is it;s a bit cheaper for now so I can allot some funds to my Quadcopter build.

Any pinion gear recommendations since I am running the 24mm Cheyenne Wheels and Big Joe 40 series tires?

Do most of you run the center steel cvd? If so why? Did you pick up speed or just broke it and upgraded. I'm only asking because I'm teetering on getting it but then again I have not snapped any center shafts YET and i've owned the truck over 2+ years now.
Old 02-13-2013, 08:30 PM
nave88

Does anyone know why there's a wobble in the wheels? Is this normal it looks to me like everything is tight.
Old 02-13-2013, 08:34 PM
Summit is Beast!!!

Yes thats normal, its 1 thing I hate about my summit. Ive found a few things that help for a run or 2 but nothing that stops it.  Im going to get some aftermarket hex hubs next from integy I think it was. Ill let u know if they work. I just ordered my plane!!! Cant wait to get it in the air!!!
Old 02-14-2013, 06:54 AM
nave88

Where exactly is the wobble coming from? Is it the entire hub assembly?  

Congrats on the new plane beast did you get that hi-wing you where looking at 
Old 02-14-2013, 09:30 AM
JUCD VPR

Did you guys buy the caps for an additional $8 for your Dewalt motors?

I have the older traxxas controller so it is NOT the 2.4ghz but I do plan to upgrade to the 2.4 eventually when a good deal comes along. Will this be an issue?

18T pinion sound about right running the 40 series Big joes?
Old 02-14-2013, 10:38 AM
Summit is Beast!!!

Its just what the wheel rides on...the hex hub is what i call it. Yes i cot the super cub dsm. I didnt get the caps but should have. So yes i recommend getting the caps regardless of what system u have.
Old 02-15-2013, 06:48 AM
nave88

I have the older traxxas controller so it is NOT the 2.4ghz but I do plan to upgrade to the 2.4 eventually when a good deal comes along. Will this be an issue?

You run the big joes? How do these things do with your steering the lady at my lhs said their pretty hard on the stock servos. Did you upgrade them.

Old 02-17-2013, 08:45 PM
nave88

Well that was lame.. I went to the coast this weekend and took the summit with me first run wouldn't ya know one of my slipper brake pads blow up and ended my fun. I got one tiny video clip and it was over :-(
Old 02-19-2013, 08:38 AM
JUCD VPR

You run the big joes? How do these things do with your steering the lady at my lhs said their pretty hard on the stock servos. Did you upgrade them.

Yah i'm running 24mm Cheyenne Wheels and 40 Series Big Joes with the stock steering servo's. No problems so far and i've had them on over 10+ runs so far. I did change the pinion because of the added weight and size of the tires. However I DID NOT SEAL the hole so when I go water bogging, I need to pay attention because the foam soaks up the water and the wheels weights about 15 lbs heavier lol. I just drive it back to me and squeeze them out to get most of the water out. I think this is how I burnt up my last Titan Motor so I figured that out last week after a creek bash. I do plan on getting a different set of wheels and tires and sealing them up though but for now i'm just limited to how long I can play in the water. But I am really happy with the Big Joes. Just a bit heavy. They looks great though and crawl better than the Canyons imo.
Old 02-19-2013, 08:39 AM
JUCD VPR

ORIGINAL: Summit is Beast!!!

Its just what the wheel rides on...the hex hub is what i call it. Yes i cot the super cub dsm. I didnt get the caps but should have. So yes i recommend getting the caps regardless of what system u have.
Cool thanks, i'll get the caps then!
Old 02-20-2013, 07:26 AM
nave88

I just might get the joes then. 

I ordered my dewalt on the 9th on the 12th I received an email saying it had been sent 1-3 day shipping here it is the 20th and still no motor. If its not here today I will be contacting Dan and seeing if he took my money and forgot to send my order as well.
Old 02-20-2013, 07:34 AM
Summit is Beast!!!

Lol told u. Great product, but poor customer service. It sounds like hes doing it all hisself. Idk but if he is its time to hire some help!
Old 02-20-2013, 08:19 AM
nave88

Sounds like its been this way for awhile I read post of people complaining from a couple years ago. 

Have you gotten your plane yet beast? 
Old 02-20-2013, 10:41 AM
Summit is Beast!!!

Got it yesterday! Love it, it was bad weather tho so I havent got it out yet.  Maybe monday when im off
Old 02-20-2013, 08:26 PM
nave88

Well talk about bent..... I got my motor today almost two weeks later and paid for the extra wiring prep and wouldnt you know it I get a raw motor.

Im not dealing with that guy anymore can somebody please tell me where I need to solder the wires to its hard  to tell where to put the wires in photos

Old 02-21-2013, 01:54 PM
Summit is Beast!!!

Some1 posted a few pics a couple of pages back showing me.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.