Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

Traxxas Summit

Old 02-17-2012, 02:24 PM
TheKennyKiller

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Traxxas Summit

Quote:
ORIGINAL: stuball56

I like it ^^^^^, I like it alot. I just got my Summit today!
Cool, what colour did you go with? Post up some pics and/or videos if you get a chance.
Old 02-17-2012, 03:53 PM
Summit is Beast!!!

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Great pics kenny...really like the second 1.
Old 02-17-2012, 04:14 PM
stuball56

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

green as you can see. I have owned alot of different RC vehicles over the past 25 years. Nothing this big though. My Revo 3.3 came close. But I really like it so far. Yes, some "cheaper" grade plastic parts. notably the shock towers. RPM aluminum will fix that. Overall I give it a 9/10 for what it is. And for what it isnt.

I called before buying to make sure I was getting the "new" version. So it has the TQi radio and LVC on the ESC2. I will order a couple of 5000mah lipo's and some spare parts and that's about it for now. But I will have to do something about the body soon. I hate running stock bodies!!!
I like the body style though, and the cage, so I will get the same body, just unpainted so I can customize it. I can't wait to do that.
Old 02-17-2012, 06:07 PM
TheKennyKiller

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Quote:
ORIGINAL: Summit is Beast!!!

Great pics kenny...really like the second 1.
Cheers bro.
Old 02-17-2012, 06:14 PM
TheKennyKiller

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Quote:

green as you can see. I have owned alot of different RC vehicles over the past 25 years. Nothing this big though. My Revo 3.3 came close. But I really like it so far. Yes, some ''cheaper'' grade plastic parts. notably the shock towers. RPM aluminum will fix that. Overall I give it a 9/10 for what it is. And for what it isnt.

I called before buying to make sure I was getting the ''new'' version. So it has the TQi radio and LVC on the ESC2. I will order a couple of 5000mah lipo's and some spare parts and that's about it for now. But I will have to do something about the body soon. I hate running stock bodies!!!
I like the body style though, and the cage, so I will get the same body, just unpainted so I can customize it. I can't wait to do that.
Nice, you got the green one, love the green one and you got TQi and LVC... Lucky bugger. I am kind of thinking about selling my E-Revo and getting a second Summit so I can have one waterproof and make the other one brushless but I want the one with the TQi and LVC. We were talking about bodies earlier in the thread and I gotta say I love the summit body I'll probably never want to change it but a different colour would be cool, if you keep it new you could sell the body on ebay for a pretty penny. If you don't mind me asking where did you get your Summit and did it cost any extra for the new features?
Old 02-17-2012, 06:46 PM
stuball56

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Got it at [link]http://www.rcsuperstore.com/Traxxas_Summit_4WD_RTR_Truck_with_TQi_Radio_p/tra5607.htm[/link], Amain just dropped thier price after I posted on their forums asking why they were selling it for $785! It's only $549 at RC Superstore, and they have the "new" version. Same price as the old.
Old 02-17-2012, 07:15 PM
Summit is Beast!!!

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

This is BS im calling traxxas tomorrow!!! I want mine upgraded to the new 1!!!
Old 02-17-2012, 07:17 PM
TheKennyKiller

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Quote:

Got it at [link]http://www.rcsuperstore.com/Traxxas_Summit_4WD_RTR_Truck_with_TQi_Radio_p/tra5607.htm[/link], Amain just dropped thier price after I posted on their forums asking why they were selling it for $785! It's only $549 at RC Superstore, and they have the ''new'' version. Same price as the old.
I was looking at rc superstore last night but unfortunately they don't ship to Australia[&o] But I was also wondering if amain was going to drop the price or if others where going to raise theirs so reading your post is a weight off my mind, I hope tower adds the new version to their site soon as I would like to buy from them if I can but I have to sell something first, I Might even try to palm off my mini as it hardly gets used and break open the piggy bank. Decisions decisions.
Old 02-17-2012, 07:27 PM
TheKennyKiller

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Quote:

This is BS im calling traxxas tomorrow!!! I want mine upgraded to the new 1!!!
I hear that. I thought when the new body came out that it would be a good time to buy to make sure I'm getting the latest version but they had to go and upgrade something else, I even payed $620 for mine because the price got jacked up for Christmas. I'm trying not to think about it and just enjoy the truck that I got and besides I highly doubt Traxxas would do anything for people in our position or if they even care. Look at it this way we have a very rare version of the Summit, it has the pro graphics body and no TQi or LVC... Didn't think about that now did ya [&:]
Old 02-17-2012, 07:41 PM
Summit is Beast!!!

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Lol i was just venting. Na i love my summit just the way it is. Like i said b4 i dont see how it could get any better.
Old 02-17-2012, 07:46 PM
stuball56

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Yes, well I still think this is a piss poor way to go about business. Having customers not even know which version they are getting. Because they make no distiction between the "versions". Might get TQi with no low voltage cutoff ESC, might get just Pro Graphix body, might get 'em all! Step right up and roll the dice! I got lucky, but I did do my best to verify that I was getting the new version. Some places are making extra money off of customers because of this confusion too. But hey, thats fact of life. Companies exist to make money, not to please us.

Look at this pic, it's of even a different version of the radio WITHOUT the silver toggle switch on top like mine has. Might be Summit specific as it is used to lock/unlock the diffs.

Mine below: Edit: HA, just noticed the other one doesnt have the red rocker switch either. That one is the one for high/low range.
Old 02-17-2012, 08:02 PM
Summit is Beast!!!

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

So what exactly is different. I know it has the lvc but what is "new" about the controller?
Old 02-17-2012, 08:07 PM
TheKennyKiller

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Hey Stuball does the manual you got with the truck mention the LVA? The latest version of the manual on the website still hasn't been updated and still has the warning about using lipos. I was wondering if you can turn the LVA on and off like in my mini e-revo. I think for the merv you need to hold down the esc button for 10 seconds?
Old 02-17-2012, 08:16 PM
TheKennyKiller

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Quote:

So what exactly is different. I know it has the lvc but what is ''new'' about the controller?
Other then the look of it I think the new controller is the same unless you get the docking base and add an iPhone which would not be of much use to the Summit unless you wanted to keep an eye on your voltage. Please correct me if I'm wrong, does anyone know if there is anything else better about the TQi 2.4Ghz over the old 2.4Ghz?
Old 02-18-2012, 04:55 AM
stuball56

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

No visible antenna, for one thing. And yes, you can turn on/off the LVC feature of the esc. I see all sorts of uses for the telemetry gadgets. Speed, temp, voltage of lipo's , and infinite radio adjustments.
Old 02-18-2012, 10:55 AM
pyromatic177

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Quote:
ORIGINAL: TheKennyKiller

Nice, you got the green one, love the green one and you got TQi and LVC... Lucky bugger. I am kind of thinking about selling my E-Revo and getting a second Summit so I can have one waterproof and make the other one brushless but I want the one with the TQi and LVC. We were talking about bodies earlier in the thread and I gotta say I love the summit body I'll probably never want to change it but a different colour would be cool, if you keep it new you could sell the body on ebay for a pretty penny. If you don't mind me asking where did you get your Summit and did it cost any extra for the new features?
Sell the ERBE, NOOOOOOOO. Why would you do that. The E-revo is awesome
Old 02-18-2012, 12:44 PM
TheKennyKiller

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Quote:
ORIGINAL: pyromatic177

Quote:
ORIGINAL: TheKennyKiller

Sell the ERBE, NOOOOOOOO. Why would you do that. The E-revo is awesome
I'm leaning more towards selling the mini atm but at the same time I am thinking what would I do with three 1/8 trucks, idk I'm all over the place. The ERBE is a lot of fun don't get me wrong but I find my self wanting to run the Summit more often then not because I am less likely to break something due to the difference in speed and if I had a second Summit I could let my girl use it. Lately she has been coming bashing with me and using the mini and she has been having fun with it, she even pulled off a backflip last weekend and she would not shut up about it :/
Anyway it would be good to get her a 1/8 truck that is really mine but kind of hers if ya know what I mean, and the Summit would be ideal to slow her down a bit and discourage backflips which also tend to aid in the effort of breaking my trucks. As of this minute I have no plans to sell the ERBE but I think my mini revo's days are numbered.
Old 02-18-2012, 02:02 PM
pyromatic177

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

AEH i guess. But I just love the ERBE. But the summit is loved by me too. Even though i dont have one LOL
Old 02-18-2012, 06:28 PM
Summit is Beast!!!

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Ill sell u mine for $600....
Old 02-18-2012, 07:06 PM
stuball56

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Quote:

Old 02-18-2012, 08:00 PM
pyromatic177

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Quote:

LOL that's not a very good price IMO

Old 02-18-2012, 08:09 PM
Summit is Beast!!!

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Lmao! Well i tried.
Old 02-19-2012, 01:45 AM
TheKennyKiller

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Quote:

hmmm well that is 20 bucks cheaper then the last one I bought.
Old 02-19-2012, 01:48 AM
TheKennyKiller

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Quote:

hmmm well that is 20 bucks cheaper then the last one I bought.
Old 02-19-2012, 07:11 AM
Summit is Beast!!!

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

So i had a dream last night that traxxas sent me all the stuff to make mine the new model with my servo they are sending. Lol i woke up pissed off!

Search this Thread