Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks > Traxxas Monster Truck forum
Reload this Page >

What motor has lots of torque for full time offfoad/mudding revo 3.3

Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

What motor has lots of torque for full time offfoad/mudding revo 3.3

Old 02-07-2012, 08:25 PM
laextreme

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What motor has lots of torque for full time offfoad/mudding revo 3.3

im lookiong to build a revo roller into a big monster truck to just have fun with when i go camping and do some rock crawling, mudding and a few jumps with. im going to have some really big tires onit (not sure which ones yet) and could use the extra torque whenever i go crawlng with it. i have a friend who has a picco .26 and the thing is ridiculously fast but could it be geared down to use that power as low end? Basially what the best motor? pipe combo for torque on a revo 3.3

Old 02-23-2012, 07:36 AM
pyromatic177

Default RE: What motor has lots of torque for full time offfoad/mudding revo 3.3

i would say convert it too electric. they have a TON of torque
Old 02-23-2012, 01:00 PM
TheKennyKiller
Banned

Default RE: What motor has lots of torque for full time offfoad/mudding revo 3.3

I agree with Pyro, If you want to crawl, electric is the way to go plus electric is cleaner and quieter if your going to go camping with it. I know some of the places I have camped I would have been thrown out if I had a noisy dirty nitro spewing fuel out of its exhaust. Sorry that you came here asking about nitro and got 2 answers saying go electric but if you want torque then electric is where it's at.
Old 02-23-2012, 02:10 PM
trax de max

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'd have to say electric and either single or dual dewalt motors<embed style="visibility: collapse" id="DAPPlugin" type="application/x-dap-background"></embed>
Old 02-23-2012, 02:20 PM
phmaximus

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I second that...

Nver seen a reliable Nitro mudder/crawler, dare say a conversion would be cheaper

Brushless is more suit because it produces its max torque down very low in the rev range

Why dewalt motors, why not just 600 size?
Old 02-24-2012, 06:09 AM
trax de max

because dewalts are 820 size giving lots more torque having a dual dewalt but using 2 esc's will give his friends a run for it's money.
and be more waterproof unlike brushless or brushless water resistant set ups.
Old 02-24-2012, 06:18 AM
phmaximus

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

ahh cool thats new to me....
Does it have the standard 540-550 mount spacings?
Old 02-24-2012, 09:18 AM
trax de max

sadly no, theres quite a few dewalt vids now on you tube i have the maxx single dewalt, summits and revo's are common too.
Now you can buy the mount and motors together instead of making one like what everyone had to do.
[link=http://kershawdesigns.com/]kershaw[/link] click on products, then your model.
Old 02-24-2012, 10:25 AM
cummins driver
My Feedback: (31)

I wouldnt waste my time with a brushed system. They have some torque, but 2 dewalts is still behind a good brushless and the brushless is much more efficient so run times are longer and temperatures are cooler.

If you are staying nitro, just gear down any engine and you should be fine. Run a small clutch bell and a large spur and it will gain you a lot of torque. A good drop in though, is the O.S. .18tz
Old 02-25-2012, 02:22 AM
trax de max

what brushless would you recommend.
Old 02-25-2012, 07:21 AM
pyromatic177

For what car? The Revo?
Old 02-25-2012, 07:22 AM
cummins driver
My Feedback: (31)

Totally depends on the budget really. The hobbywing stuff is good, I have a hobbyking ESC and EZrun motor that has been pretty good, castle is ok, tekin is pretty good, etc...

And for that matter, if you arent wanting that much speed you could even run a waterproof traxxas VXL system on 3s lipo geared down a little. Lots of options really.