Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

Adding 2 stroke engine oil to nitro

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2012, 03:28 PM
Exceptions1187

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Adding 2 stroke engine oil to nitro

Ok so im forced to buy this VP gas and it runs way too hot when i can never get it to run perfect temp... i have done 1/16 adjustments to the high speed needle till it was fully open and then 1/16 adjustment till fully closed and i cant find the right adjustment.... I think it doesnt have enough oil so can i just add like a drop or two of 2 stroke to the tank and see if that works?
Also all of the local hobby shops dont have regular traxxas top fuel 20% they all sell cheaper crap.. Im forced to this also one hobby shop sells 20 fuel that has tomuch oil and has hard starting and a crappy fuel economy and is very hard to tune with and then the other hobby shop has this fuel with not enough oil and has tunes nicely but it makes my engine run above reg running temp.... I read 380 degrees with out even driving it hard.... What should i do?

Old 02-15-2012, 10:53 PM
Shabbernigdo

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Adding 2 stroke engine oil to nitro

i use to run wildcat with 18% oil and never had any issue from it so unless the stuff your lookin at has like 20%+ oil i dont think its oil % is gonna be the issue.
also hate to tell ya but the traxxas fuel is crap.

if its adecent company / fuel 12% to 15%oil should be enough.
Old 02-24-2012, 11:10 AM
chris6414
My Feedback: (10)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Adding 2 stroke engine oil to nitro

I have run 10% airplane fuel all the way up to 22% Powerage with 20% oil heli fuel with no issues other than more smoke. It's all in the tune. If your running 380 your tune is not right. Richen up that HS then fine tune your idle and LS. The temp on the LS should read right around 250-260 after she is good and warm and you bring it in to check the idle. If the temp climbs above 260 at idle and keeps climbing, then your LS is too lean and idle too high. Mine sits right at 260 and stable after she is warmed up. That is lean as I'll go on the LS and she snaps off the line.