Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

new engine for my T maxx

Old 03-23-2012, 03:29 PM
Valgath

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default new engine for my T maxx

bought the picco maxx 26 for my T maxx its the old pro maxx with the 2.5 engine so i was told by my LHS anyway with ther picco maxx i was wondering what to expect in terms of what im gonna break i bought the t maxx of someone for 40 dollars and far as i know sense the reverse servo rods was gone i assume it has the foward only control thats just assuming tho and i also need to know what type of fuel and glow plugs is best for the picco maxx thanks in advance for any info
Old 07-07-2012, 03:19 PM
Quickywd01
My Feedback: (3)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: new engine for my T maxx

Nice pick up, I got lucky on a red dot .26 myself.
Old 07-08-2012, 12:01 PM
ejc34710

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I have a 4909 Maxx. Its basically the same as yours, just longer arms, has the 3.3 and different tranny. I have broken quite a few center shafts and thats with the 3.3, so yeah, those'll prolly go, as well as alot of other stuff. I'm considering getting one for my maxx, but..... i just dunno. I'm pretty sure it would tear the crap outta my drivetrain quite quickly. On the other hand though, it sure does sound fun .
Old 07-15-2012, 06:00 AM
nitrorcjunkie

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I have an oldmTM with a Picco .26 Blue Head. You will definitely want to upgrade all your driveshafts. Before you go dumping a bunch of $$ into your Maxx, take the time to break that Picco in properly. I run 30% Byron's in my Picco, but the head is shimmed for it. I recommend 20% Byron's Race.