Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

Is the Traxxas T Maxx reliable?

Old 09-02-2003, 12:51 AM
bubbafien
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is the Traxxas T Maxx reliable?

i know i got into a huge debate over this and presented many facts yet they would not be convinced. they would not even present facts back, or even open their closed minds to consider that they were wrong. that is why i bought a savage so i could stop being 1 of those people who just give info with no basis.

look at the facts people!

bubbafien
Old 09-02-2003, 02:00 AM
tjmaxx

Ya I plan on getting a Savage SS eventually, for the same reason it is like a job you are like higher up when you know more about stuff and I would like to know about the savage that is why I have a nitro and an electric cause I wanted to know about both. I just think I would like my Maxxes better still.
Old 09-02-2003, 10:11 AM
jrkessler

I got a used T-maxx (.15) and the thing still runs great...Im getting the new Savage SS in a couple days tho.
Old 09-02-2003, 12:35 PM
caseyddr
My Feedback: (13)

Originally posted by jrkessler
I got a used T-maxx (.15) and the thing still runs great...Im getting the new Savage SS in a couple days tho.
decided to make naother post about my maxx beef.
Old 09-02-2003, 01:05 PM
redviper748

One of my friends has a T maxx and I think he tries to desroy it and he only broke the gas tank and the body.
Old 09-02-2003, 01:07 PM
Accident
Banned

okay lets be honest here, T-maxx has a GREAT design but if the engine is so difficult whats the point, I have heard many problems and a few good things to say about the engine, T-Maxx should put a better engine on it and all would be well?
Old 09-02-2003, 02:14 PM
Kuma

OK I'll say this again, it's a GOOD truck with a few fixes and MIP upgrades, the center shafts will pop out occasionally too. My neighbour has a T-Maxx 2.5 and after a gallon his 2.5 motor ha had it, he spend 90% of the time trying to keep it running and he's had it since December (and he properly broke it in). He drove his Maxx into my leg at 45 mph breaking the shocks, A-arms and turnbuckles (and my leg didn't get a scratch but a bruise!).

Old 09-02-2003, 02:21 PM
Accident
Banned

that looks COOL! LOL
Old 09-02-2003, 02:22 PM
The Boss

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Quote, "is the Traxxas T maxx reliable" All the r/c trucks on the market can and do break but, when you compare the T maxx with other r/c truck products on the market it breaks more often than others. This is why there are so many "upgrade" parts for it from WAY to many manufactures.
Old 09-02-2003, 02:55 PM
Avalanche

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'll share my experiences with you. I have a Savage, and I have two brothers who own a Tmaxx and a Mad Force. Out of the 3 the Tmaxx has the most downtime and broken parts. We replaced the 2.5 with a Sirio becuase we got one of the notorious bad 2.5's, the bulkheads are complete crap and break very easy, the driveshafts are all twisted like twizzlers and the front suspension arms and pins are very fragile.. Mind you, this truck has one gallon through it, and he drives it very conservatively. You ask if its reliable....I say Sure,.. you can count on it to break EVERY time you use it.
Old 09-02-2003, 02:59 PM
caseyddr

Originally posted by Accident
okay lets be honest here, T-maxx has a GREAT design but if the engine is so difficult whats the point, I have heard many problems and a few good things to say about the engine, T-Maxx should put a better engine on it and all would be well?
if u want to be honest you'd say jus about the opposite of what you jus said. the design ISNT great, read what avalanche said above, read what 90% of the ppl are saying about the 2.5 tmaxx. Its not all its cracked up to be, not even close.
Old 09-02-2003, 03:05 PM
Accident
Banned

I will tell you what for the whole 10 minutes I have had the T-Maxx running I smacked a cement light pole at about 30 and it just bounced off and stalled - nothing broke another time I had it running it took a nice jump and landed on its roof it rolled over and kept going, I have not ever had any problems with its construction - just keeping it running
Old 09-02-2003, 03:09 PM
caseyddr

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Accident
I will tell you what for the whole 10 minutes I have had the T-Maxx running I smacked a cement light pole at about 30 and it just bounced off and stalled - nothing broke another time I had it running it took a nice jump and landed on its roof it rolled over and kept going, I have not ever had any problems with its construction - just keeping it running [/Qoute]

nice jump? 5 feet isnt a nice jump :O i go 20-30 feet or more depending where im at and i NEVER break with my truck. my emaxx on the other hand broke constnatly and its no where near as fast as the tmaxx.
Old 09-02-2003, 03:13 PM
Accident
Banned

I was playing at a skate park,with the ramps and such, I wish I would have had a camera cause it did look cool as hell, I would guess it got at least 20 foot of air and landed on the pavement upside down bounced once landed on the tires went about 3 foot and stalled. this truck would be awesome if I could just keep it running, it usually takes me at minimum 20 minutes just to start it and after its warmed up about 45 minutes to restart it.
Old 09-02-2003, 03:32 PM
bigjdubb

Well I think the Maxx is a good truck. Granted I dont have the R/C experiance that allot of the people here have, but I havent had any problems with my 2.5. It took me 3 tanks to get it right (my first nitro) but I havent had to fiddle with it since. I think the engine is great, it makes good power and isnt that hard to tune (to me at least).

I have broken the bulkhead and bumper mount, I hit a big electrical box at about 35 mph. The Savage does have some advantages, it already has a BB engine so putting in a better engine is simple. With the Maxx you get the sirio .18 or you get BB conversion kits. I dont think the Maxx is total junk, all the trucks have their high and low points.

Traxxas can't make decent bulk heads and HPI cant make a wheel that doesnt strip. Pick and choose until you find which one suits you best. There are some new trucks coming too. The BFT might well turn out to be the "best" MT until a new one comes out and every starts to hate it. At $489 its not to bad.
Old 09-02-2003, 03:46 PM
caseyddr

actually the fantom .18 and the EPIC .18 are very good, cheaper, and can produce as much if not more than the sirio. I don't know the exact specs for the fantom but i know the epic goes 39k rpm with 1.8 HP.
Old 09-02-2003, 05:32 PM
badboy2

on tmaxx make sure u get the aluminum upgrade..just hit a curb on wot and they will be like teeth falling
Old 09-02-2003, 08:13 PM
flatlander_14

Originally posted by grampi
You're in the wrong place if you're looking to get honest info about the Maxx in this forum. All you're going to get is exaggerated comments made for the sole purpose of bashing. People love bashing the T-Maxx because it's the most popular MT.
i can see where you are coming from, but half of the people that bash the tmaxx ACTUALLY OWN ONE! myself included, nothing but problems. im gonna buy a sirio engine, and hopefully everything should be alright for a while. a arms, turnbuckles, and bulkheads should be the only things i gotta worry about.
Old 09-02-2003, 08:18 PM
grampi

I don't have a problem with T-Maxx owners bashing the Maxx(unless they're exaggerating, which a lot of them do). I do have a problem with people bashing it who have never owned, driven, or basically have had no experience with Maxx's other than from what they read or hear from their friends.
Old 09-02-2003, 08:27 PM
Accident
Banned

Old 09-02-2003, 09:19 PM
bubbafien

lets get this straight

mip upgrades not good.
hitting things made of cement @ 30+ will break a lot of cars, most cars.
if you cannot get the 2.5 to run well, i am surprised you can get any gas engine running and haven't quit yet. it does not take much to ruin an engine run @ 300 for 3 minutes with a small block(that isn't a novarossi) will do it.
20-30 foot jumps? yeah... you don't exagerate. i could understand everynow and then but often and not breakin? come on
drives conservatively and breaks bulks, bumpers and engines drive shafts? he is not driving conservatively. he is beatin the hell out of it
the epic putting out 1.8? i don't think so
the bilkheads are not the greatest design, i know, but i have 2 maxxes and have not broken 1!

bubbafien
Old 09-02-2003, 09:35 PM
speenair

I will have to agree... If you people took the time to understand each engine and how operates and how to tune it properly you could get it workin gfine. And when u think of a vehicle as small as an rc catching 10feet of air or more it is pretty incredible it doesn't always break. You cannot expect to catch huge air and beat on your truck and expcect it to stay good. seriously.
Old 09-02-2003, 10:25 PM
redviper748

I think I am going to get the t Maxx because it is the fastest truck out there stock and under $400. It will hit 40 out of the box and no other truck can stock with 4wd. ANd I like it because of the big engine it has.
Old 09-03-2003, 01:24 AM
tjmaxx

People over exagerate so much they think the T-maxx sucks than another person reads it and thinks it sucks it is all baised on opinions.
Old 09-03-2003, 02:59 AM
RCFreakInFL
Banned

Originally posted by bubbafien
the epic putting out 1.8? i don't think so!
Sorry Bubba, gotta back casey up on this:

http://www.shopatron.com/product/pro....851.472.0.0.0

The specs can be found at many other sites as well, but the Epic .18 is rated 1.8HP @39,000 R's

OR, if you don't believe that site, just go to www.epicmotorsports.com and look at their "Nitro Motors" section....it also states the specs of the motor. It costs more than the Trinity Sirio TX-18, so it better do that 1.8

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.