Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks > Traxxas Monster Truck forum
Reload this Page >

Stop tire ballooning forever. 100 times better than duck/gorilla tape!!!!

Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

Stop tire ballooning forever. 100 times better than duck/gorilla tape!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2012, 07:30 PM
BigLupton

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stop tire ballooning forever. 100 times better than duck/gorilla tape!!!!

Found a new better way to prevent tirez from ballooning and ultimately keeping them from ripping off the rims. I start by turning the tires inside out and then cleaning with denatured alcohol with a scotch brite pads with the rough abrasive side. Once dry I apply a single layer of extra thin drywall tape overlapping by exactly one inch. I then use a high quality rubber cement to brush on a layer just enough to completely cver the tape. Once it is dry to the touch but still sticky I apply another layer of drywall tape with exactly one inch of overlap exactly 180 degrees from the overlap of the first layer of tape (to maintain perfect balance of tire). Then brush on anotherthin coat of rubber cement just enough to cover and a little off the edges of tape. This method it ten times lighter than any duck or gorilla tape methods. It is much more balanced and much more durable while still allowing the tire to flex over rocks and terain almost like before done. My revo 3.3 converted to brushless with hobbywing sc8 system on 4 cell can be geared for 65 mph and hold it off ground and full rev with absolutely no ballooning or stretch. Have almost ten hours of running with this done to set of badlands and still holding perfect. Before I would rip a tire or two off every run. Have not haf even a small section off tire come unglued since done. Try it and you will be just as impressed as I am!!! Will post picks tomorow of how it looks glued to inside of tire. And about to redo a set so will do a step by step with picks and post as I go. Thanks everyone for all the great info along the years, never posted but when I came up with this idea I had to share the info to try to give back to my community.
Old 06-19-2012, 07:53 AM
pyromatic177

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Stop tire ballooning forever. 100 times better than duck/gorilla tape!!!!

Sounds like a lot of work LOL