Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

Tmaxx Engine Issue

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2012, 03:21 PM
Massive690

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tmaxx Engine Issue

Hey all, been running nitro cars for years but ran into a problem with my trx 2.5. I had a ported 3.3 in my tmaxx and broke my piston rod so I put in an extra 2.5 I had laying around. Broken in but no more than 3/4 gallon through it.

I reset needles to factory and fire right up and ran great. I went to tuning but after 4-5 WOT passes it bogs and dies. I have adjusted the needles both ways and no difference. It wont start up again until the engine cools, and then rips for 4-5 passes and then the same thing. I opened the high speed by 1/2 turn just to see and same thing. Opened low speed 1/2 turn and same. Doesn't seem to make a difference. Am I losing my tuning skills or is something else going on?

Thanks!
Old 07-14-2012, 11:36 AM
Quickywd01
My Feedback: (3)

Default RE: Tmaxx Engine Issue

It's running too hot, air leaks, or worn p/s. Check the glow plug to see how it's tuned if you can't get it figured out. Good luck.
Old 07-27-2012, 12:49 PM
ddd

Do you see air bubbles in the fuel line?
Old 07-30-2012, 05:59 PM
The_Shark

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

richen it up, check/replace fuel lines, check tank for good seal, check to see if starter shaft has alot of wear- this will cause a air leak, check front bearing play.

there is something wrong with the tank/lines that probably killed your 3.3