Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Davis Heavy Duty 3.3 Rods back on eBay!

Our rods are back on eBay. We have plenty in stock, ready to go!
    Bob Davis, Owner - Davis Diesel Development

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Davis Heavy Duty 3.3 Rods back on eBay!

My friends TRX 3.3 had the traxxas rod failure as well. I'm surprised traxxas messed up on designing the 3.3 with a rod that fails.
    Proud owner of TRX 2.5R powered REVO Custom Flex Header AE 60wt + LT springs 20% S&W Ofna FS

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Davis Heavy Duty 3.3 Rods back on eBay!

ORIGINAL: ddd

Our rods are back on eBay. We have plenty in stock, ready to go!
    I know your Diesel products are highly sought after in the Airplane world, but why such a high price for a connecting rod? Nearly $40 is just shy of 1/2 of the cost of a new engine... It is no doubt tougher since its not knife edged, and power might suffer ever so slightly... but really $39? Sorry... I don't get it.

ORIGINAL: Quickywd01

My friends TRX 3.3 had the traxxas rod failure as well. I'm surprised traxxas messed up on designing the 3.3 with a rod that fails.
    The problem is how the engine is broke in. If the 3.3 is broke in using Traxxas's "factory settings" on the carb and their method, you may have problems. The 3.3 is a tight engine new, and the poor conrod just can't handle the sloppy rich break-in that Traxxas recommends. Get 'em hot and rev 'em up on higher oil content fuel and it should run just fine. I use suggest 16-18% oil and lean the needle down so its just slightly rich. I have ran my last two new 3.3's this way and haven't had a rod fail.
    GlowHead Brotherhood #3
    Using Dynamite, Enya, Fox, Jett, K&B, SH, Super Tigre, Thunder Tiger, and Traxxas engines.