Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

Tmaxx 3.3 issues

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2012, 05:57 PM
DJorgie76

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tmaxx 3.3 issues

Tonight was the first time I used my tmaxx 3.3 after break in. It was not running that good. I had a hard time getting it to run consistently during break in also. Tonight the truck would start and run without stalling but the idle would not come down no matter what and it would bog from a stand still. The other thing it was doing was chattering when idling, I don't know how else to explain it. I took a video of it...
http://youtu.be/qQ69KDkiip0

After playing with the tune for a while I decided to return it to stock settings because I wasn't getting anywhere. After returning it stock settings I made some high speed passes and checked the temp and it was at 340. I tried richening the hsn some but the temp wasn't going down. I stopped at that point. No matter what I did nothing worked tonight. I don't understand. Could it be my fuel? I leave it in my workshop that is not attached to my house where there is no heat or air conditioning and I also leave fuel in the fuel bottle with the rubber cap on it of course. Lately at night the outside temps have been going down into the 50s at night. Any help is greatly appreciated.
Old 09-21-2012, 09:13 AM
steed2-inactive

Default RE: Tmaxx 3.3 issues

first thing to check i would say is the primer line and fuel lines, and fuel cap. inspect for any holes in especially the primer line. I had you exact symptoms with a savage years ago and it was a hole in the primerline, another time the fuel cap actually fell apart and the oring fell in the fuel tank. either way with lower pressure in the tank your mixture will shoot way lean.
Old 09-24-2012, 07:45 AM
chriz2388

I am currently having the same problem also I just got a new 3.3 motor and can never get it consistant expecially with the idle I also have checked all the lines and fuel tank cant find the problem also what is the factory setting for the idle ive tried tunning it and it never really seems to lower the idle
Old 09-24-2012, 10:35 AM
steed2-inactive

if you cant lower the idle then richen the low speed needle, or find the air leak.
Old 09-27-2012, 05:20 PM
Exceptions1187

Well i would make sure you have all the seals required for the trx 3.3 install. also the screws that hold the black plate on my trx 3.3 like to screw loose in which makes my trx 3.3 run like crap... I either put super gloove or blue thread lock to make sure they dont come out.... Also make sure that there is no air leaking from the cooling head i usually put gasket sealer there. and well besides my piston wall cracking.. I think reving to high and the connecting rod hitting it broke that. and my connecting rod cracking down the center last week end well i havent had any issues with my trx 3.3. I must of gotten the good batch of trx 3.3 cuz mines 8 years using the same bearing and connecting rod and crank but new piston and sleeve. I run it every week end or so and i run through a gallon a month . and well im surprise that the bearing are still good.
Old 09-30-2012, 12:57 PM
DJorgie76

Ok ok...I thought I had this thing working good but yesterday it was inconsistent again. I noticed that the fuel tank had fuel all over it. This made me start looking at the fuel tank lid. It turns out the lid o-ring assembly(the 2 black pieces and o-ring) were installed incorrectly from the factory and the lid was not air tight. No matter how much I tightened the lid adjusting screw the o-ring would not seal the tank opening. The factory had one of the black pieces installed backwards so when I would tighten the screw it would not "squish" the o-ring out and make it tighter. The way it was installed wouldn't let the o-ring get tighter or looser at all. I am looking forward to getting back out there and see how this thing is supposed to run when running correctly.
Old 10-04-2012, 12:42 AM
HarisKhoso

ORIGINAL: DJorgie76

Ok ok...I thought I had this thing working good but yesterday it was inconsistent again. I noticed that the fuel tank had fuel all over it. This made me start looking at the fuel tank lid. It turns out the lid o-ring assembly(the 2 black pieces and o-ring) were installed incorrectly from the factory and the lid was not air tight. No matter how much I tightened the lid adjusting screw the o-ring would not seal the tank opening. The factory had one of the black pieces installed backwards so when I would tighten the screw it would not ''squish'' the o-ring out and make it tighter. The way it was installed wouldn't let the o-ring get tighter or looser at all. I am looking forward to getting back out there and see how this thing is supposed to run when running correctly.
Bro it is Frustrating, really Frustrating when U want to Enjoy whole Heartedly BUT Instead U,re Actually Constantly Thinking ( Will it Work Properly, Will this setting be Good enough for it, Hope it doesn't Stalls or Stops, & most of the time it,s without Cover & a Screw Driver in Ur Hand...... Simply Bothering isn't it.

Thats the One of the many reasons that ( I,m Converting all my Nitro Vehicles into Mighty Electric ) No Fuel, No Noise, No Pain in the Neck, No thinking wether it,l stop and one could Drive it any where U would want to at slow speeds even in the Room

I was the guy who cared for the Noise the smeel of the fuel the different feeling of Nitro & what Not But Seriously it,s nothing compared to the Peace & Enjoyment One could Feel with an Electric.
Old 10-16-2012, 04:37 AM
DJorgie76

ORIGINAL: HarisKhoso

Bro it is Frustrating, really Frustrating when U want to Enjoy whole Heartedly BUT Instead U,re Actually Constantly Thinking ( Will it Work Properly, Will this setting be Good enough for it, Hope it doesn't Stalls or Stops, & most of the time it,s without Cover & a Screw Driver in Ur Hand...... Simply Bothering isn't it.

Thats the One of the many reasons that ( I,m Converting all my Nitro Vehicles into Mighty Electric ) No Fuel, No Noise, No Pain in the Neck, No thinking wether it,l stop and one could Drive it any where U would want to at slow speeds even in the Room

I was the guy who cared for the Noise the smeel of the fuel the different feeling of Nitro & what Not But Seriously it,s nothing compared to the Peace & Enjoyment One could Feel with an Electric.
I am starting to feel the same way. Sometimes I want to use my truck in my backyard but I feel like I cant because it is too loud and will annoy my neighbors. But I love being able to just run my truck not having to worry about charging batteries. If I make a last minute decision to use my truck, fuel is always ready...batteries aren't. I will get these problems figured out. It's actually part of the fun for me. Yes, it is annoying but it is fun to actually have to figure something out too. For me, the biggest problem with using my truck is being able to get away from the wife and kids without being called every 30 mins asking when I will be done.[:@]
Old 10-16-2012, 09:49 AM
crispyspa

ORIGINAL: DJorgie76
But I love being able to just run my truck not having to worry about charging batteries. If I make a last minute decision to use my truck, fuel is always ready...batteries aren't. I will get these problems figured out. It's actually part of the fun for me. Yes, it is annoying but it is fun to actually have to figure something out too. For me, the biggest problem with using my truck is being able to get away from the wife and kids without being called every 30 mins asking when I will be done.[:@]

Actually...Lipo Batteries are stored at 60% of capacity and have no memory. My batteries are always at the ready. The only thing is charging them up again, but I feel that it takes no more time to charge the batteries than it does to clean up the truck after a run. I do however put the batteries on the charger every once in a while (if I haven't ran in a while) just to see the state of charge and top them off accordingly. On a full charge of 6000Mah batteries, I can get over an hour of runtime on my EMaxx. [8D]