Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

had my revo 3.3 tuned up now wont start

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2012, 03:14 PM
Harley1997z28

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default had my revo 3.3 tuned up now wont start

so my revo 3.3 wasnt ran for a couple years so i took it to a hobby shop were i bought it to get it running again. i also had it converted to a pull start. picked it up today, the guy started it in front of me in the store and it started quick and easy. i drive 30 minutes back home and the thing wont even start. i called the guy at the hobby shop and he had me take the glow plug out and turn it upside down and pull the starter a few time till no fuel came out. still wont start. then the guy tells me when i took it from inside the store to the outside it flooded the car and i need to bring it back so he can get it running. at this point im beyond pissed i spent 87 bucks to have this engine flushed and tuned and converted to pull start then get it home after he just started it and cant get it going. i threw the glow plug wand thing i bought and busted it i was so pissed

whats going on what do i need to do to get this running. i know it runs why would it flood out just by taking it outside the store and going home?
Old 11-16-2012, 03:25 PM
fizzwater2
My Feedback: (61)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: had my revo 3.3 tuned up now wont start

just a guess, but it's either

a: Bad Fuel - if it's set around for a while, it might not be any good.
b: Bad plug driver - the plug has to get orange hot to work.
c: Bad plug.

Old 11-16-2012, 06:13 PM
Harley1997z28

the hobby shop flushed out old fuel and put new in. i did test and see if the gloplug wasglowing orange and it was. like i said when i picked it up he pull started it and it fired right up, somehow it flooded between the hobby shop and home. like i mentioned i tried taking the plug out and turning car upside down and pulling it a few times and that didnt work.
Old 11-16-2012, 09:01 PM
mopartybob

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: fizzwater2

just a guess, but it's either

a: Bad Fuel - if it's set around for a while, it might not be any good.
b: Bad plug driver - the plug has to get orange hot to work.
c: Bad plug.

reprime it ...... pull, if it floods,clear the flood,check glo-igniter on plug,re-install plug,......... pull, if still no start,refer to a. b, or c, remember, it's supposed to be FUN ............ mpb
Old 11-17-2012, 05:59 AM
Ttowntoolman

Maybe your glow plug wand thingy is too week to properly ignite your engine. Did the hobby store use yours or thiers to start your engine while you were there? Hang in there, you will figure it out......
Old 11-17-2012, 06:24 AM
1QwkSport2.5r

Received 76 Likes on 69 Posts

If the fuel tank is in front of the engine and you carried the truck out of the store by the front bumper, thats how it may have flooded. If turning the truck upside down with the glow plug removed did not spit any fuel out of through the glow plug hole, its not flooded. If fuel did come out, usually replacing the plug and just trying to start it will get it to fire. If after several pulls of the pullstart it doesnt fire or even pop, check the glow plug again and make sure the glow plug isnt full of fuel. If it isnt full of fuel, and glows with no effort with the glow driver, then I would resort to repriming the engine. I would plug the exhaust and turn the engine over slowly until fuel reaches the carb and then give it just a little more and re-try firing it up.

Most glow engines need a pretty "wet" or "fat" prime to get fired up from dead cold. If the engine is cold (below 60°F) then it will be a bit harder to get started without an electric starter and even then it might be stubborn. If it is cold, try heating it up with a hair dryer and try again. Methanol based fuel doesnt like to burn when its cold, although I rarely have trouble getting an engine started even when the engine is 40°F, though I use electric starters on most of my engines.

Old 11-24-2012, 08:58 PM
Quickywd01
My Feedback: (3)

Try to be patient. Make sure your glow plug is getting nice and hot because I bet that is your problem. Either your ez-start battery is low/dead or the glow plug is dead. When I bought my first nitro rc which happens to by my 2.5R revo when they first came out I took it home, read all the stuff, watched the dvd, put fuel in it, loaded it on a little cargo dolly and pulled it behind me all the way to an empty parking lot which took me like half an hour lol and when I got there my ten year old battery didn't work so well so I hauled it back home and took it back to the rc shop. Well it's a good thing I hauled the revo like I did because it flooded the motor and lubed it before I broke it in. Everyone loves to drive a nitro but only a few like it enough to maintain it and learn about it. Hope you get it running like I did. I now have a .26 red dot in that same revo. Also picked up a revo platinum that I plan to race and I also have a slash and nitro touring car that I got from friends that gave up on their cars. I'm still helping two other friends, one with a revo 3.3 which broke it's connecting rod (I can't believe traxxas dropped the ball on that) and the other with a jato who wanted a faster engine so he put 30% nitro in it and leaned it out because it was fast until it popped. Gotta pay to play...