Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

TRX 3.3 oh man!

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2012, 04:38 PM
tntlilpimp

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TRX 3.3 oh man!

Have a tmaxx 3.3 , was topping it out and the engine just stalled on me , went to start it back up and the flywheel wont budge so im guessing something broke inside their, what choices do i have as far as a direct drop in? are their any .21s that could go in their with out any conversion.
Old 12-25-2012, 05:12 PM
lilbrett

Default RE: TRX 3.3 oh man!

ORIGINAL: tntlilpimp

Have a tmaxx 3.3 , was topping it out and the engine just stalled on me , went to start it back up and the flywheel wont budge so im guessing something broke inside their, what choices do i have as far as a direct drop in? are their any .21s that could go in their with out any conversion.
OS .21TM is a direct drop in. Take some pics, everyone loves carnage.
Old 12-29-2012, 08:54 AM
outlawbrett

did u hurt the engine or just flood it?
Old 12-29-2012, 09:09 AM
countilaw

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sounds like you were running the engine too lean and it seized. Did you take the glow plug out and turn the engine over? If it's still froze, then you broke the rod. The Traxxas rod is scored down the middle and will split if the piston comes to a sudden stop.

If you have a Hobbytown USA close by, take the engine to them. Traxxas has a warrantee program and they will swap your engine for a new one for only $115.00. No questions asked ! Or you can contact Traxxas (located in Plano, Texas and order a new rod.

Frank
Old 12-29-2012, 09:42 AM
Tonystark

classic trx 3.3 rod failure.

theres many direct drop in engines and even more opinions. Do some research.
os 21 tm
dynamite .19
trx 3.3
picco max .26
picco jl red dot
Old 12-29-2012, 10:26 AM
Mufasa_719

ORIGINAL: countilaw

Sounds like you were running the engine too lean and it seized. Did you take the glow plug out and turn the engine over? If it's still froze, then you broke the rod. The Traxxas rod is scored down the middle and will split if the piston comes to a sudden stop.

If you have a Hobbytown USA close by, take the engine to them. Traxxas has a warrantee program and they will swap your engine for a new one for only $115.00. No questions asked ! Or you can contact Traxxas (located in Plano, Texas and order a new rod.

Frank

or get a brand new one on ebay for $70