Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

Question on bumper/bumper mounts/skidplate

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2013, 02:31 PM
spotz300

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question on bumper/bumper mounts/skidplate

Alright, so after wasting my first ALskidplate and bumper, Iwas looking at the design of them and frankly it doesn't make sense. Is there any reason the bumper/bumper mounts/skidplates aren't just made as a single piece? They would be 100x stronger if they were all either bolter or welded together, but it doesn't appear anyone makes them in this configuration. Am I missing something, or is this the best way to do it? I know it is how real 4x4's are made, with integrating the bumper/mounts/skidplate, Ijust don't understand why it isn't done w/ RC trucks.

I figured, all else fails I will order all the pieces seperate then re-engineer them as a single unit.

Feedback?

Chris.
Old 02-02-2013, 04:23 PM
ou2mame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Question on bumper/bumper mounts/skidplate

i don't know why they separate them, but if the plastic isn't connected, it has a higher chance of moving aruond and not snapping. the rear is the worst design, definitely upgrade to aluminum on that. it's not even an upgrade, it just shouldn't be designed so thin at the point that goes over the a-arms. i'm just going to throw a piece of metal on that when it breaks again.