Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

Removing Front Drive Shafts?

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2013, 01:55 PM
joebags

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Removing Front Drive Shafts?

Hi - its been a long time since I have used my Reveo 2.5 and a long time since I have been on this site. I have Revo Winter Ski Conversion Kit I would like to finally try out. It states I need to disconnect the front drive sharts and convert the truck to a 2WD but it doesn't say how to do this and I don't want to break it. How do I remove the front drive shafts? I think I noticed a allen key screw that might hold the shafts on. Do I just remove this along with where the shaft connects to the wheels? Is this the only thing that needs to be done?

Thanks.

Joe.
Old 02-08-2013, 03:57 PM
Summit is Beast!!!

Default RE: Removing Front Drive Shafts?

Its just the allen head screw on each end of the shaft. The 1s on my summit are usually filled with dirt or mud. After u take those 2 screws out it should slide right off. Idk if thats all u have to do but it should be. Id take the center shaft to the front out also just so ure not running that front diff. at all since it wont be needed.
Old 02-08-2013, 04:06 PM
joebags

Thanks. I got removed the screws on the shaft where it connects to the diff. and it slide right off. But know I dont know how to remove it from the hub (part that connects to the tire. Sorry but its been a long time since I have used this and I never got into taking it that much a part and I don't want to break it. Thanks.

Ok, I removed the hub and the drive shaft from the car but I don't know how to remove the shaft itself from the hub.
Old 02-08-2013, 04:54 PM
Summit is Beast!!!

Well of course u will have to take the tire off then the hex hub and i should slide right out. Does on the summit anyways.
Old 02-08-2013, 04:59 PM
joebags

ORIGINAL: Summit is Beast!!!

Well of course u will have to take the tire off then the hex hub and i should slide right out. Does on the summit anyways.
I can't get the hex hub off and I don't want to break it. Do I just hold the shaft while I use a wrench on the hex hub?
Old 02-08-2013, 09:00 PM
nave88

Im not too sure how to take the hex hub off its something you just have to get in there n do I just took the entiere front and rear end of my summit apart the other day and palyed hell with it but got it back together... im almost completly bald know lol. 

I do know that with the slash 4x4 if you want it to be true 2wd you should remove the drive shaft axles as well because they are attacht to the front diff when the wheel spins so will the diff and from what I understand that can and will affect the over all steering of the truck. when the wheels are free (no axles) the servo(s) will fight the turning much less and will act like a true 2wd.

If that doesnt make sense there are alot of guys in the slash threads that wanted to do the same thing to compete with the 2wd guys at the track. If you read what they say you might find a more clear answer as to why its better with out them. Hope this helps a little bit even tho I didnt answer your ?
Old 02-09-2013, 01:46 PM
joebags

Thanks all. I finally got it off. The only problem is the two screws they sent were too short so I couldn't use it. I am going to a locally hob shop tomorrow to see if they have the rights screws so I can take it out in the snoww with the snow skis. I did remove the axle all together. I just had to pry the hex nut off, easy, and there was a pin in there holding the axles to the hub.
Old 02-10-2013, 07:17 PM
nave88

Glad it worked out for you. Don't forget to post a pic of it with the skis once you have it all put back together again
Old 02-13-2013, 07:25 PM
joebags

Well I finally got it all together but I have been working and not able to use it in the snow. I can only hope for a few more inches of snow one weekend otherwise I guess I have to wait until next year (that would suck). I the mean time here are a few pictures.

Old 02-14-2013, 07:39 AM
crispyspa

[8D] Looks mean. The only thing missing is the paddle tires.
Old 02-18-2013, 06:56 AM
nave88

That's pretty awesome man I hope you get some snow soon too get some more pics of it when it does