Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

Brand New To This

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2013, 05:28 AM
Imp0ster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Brand New To This

I just bought a Ground Pounder but didn't see a redcat forum. I am used to building very fast things, just on a much larger scale. I get the concept of these vehicles but am still in the dark on most of it. I bought this truck to chase away seagulls on the islands and found it having some trouble climbing over obstacles.

I went ahead and bought the Novak Edge 2S Ballistic Brushless System with a 2200 motor and 5000mah battery. I assume it's like a standard brushless where lower Kv = more torque and hope I'm right or it will be an expensive mistake. Anyway, I looked the truck over and saw a lot of plastic. DId some searching and found Crawford. Bought the spur gear and shafts. They say I need a matching mod1 12T pinion. I can't find them anywhere. Can someone help me out here and also give me some recommendations on what else I can do for reliability and or more fun with it going after.