Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

FLM Stampede build help!?

I want a reliable, strong and fast truck problem is I was running it the other day for the 5th time for about 30 mins and the motor fried... I have a million different ppl pushing and pulling me in diff directions so I need some help please, only is NOT an issue....

Things to consider

-full FLM 1/8 scale conversion on my stampede, now obviously bigger and heavier
    -I have the vxl3 system with the esc fan
    -my spur gear is 56 teeth
    -pinion is 18
    -I run a 6400mah 11.1 3 cell venom lipo

Is the Vxl system fine or should I do a bigger motor considering its a bigger and heavier car?

Is the battery fine or should I run a 2 cell? I was told 3 cell is too much?

Are the spur and pinion gears fine or should I go higher or lower? (The current ones were recommended to me by the hobby shop although I think he was just trying to take my money instead of being really helpful)

All input is appreciated feel free to ask any other questions that may help the responses, remember I want it to be fast nothing crazy but quick, strong and above all reliable enough to play withal long as I got batteries for all day fun...

Thank you in advance!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: FLM Stampede build help!?

The VXL system is about a 3500 KV motor and will support the 11.1 Volt 3 Cell LiPo battery packs. The VXL is installed in many Traxxas Trucks. Lower gearing would be best if you increase the weight or choose a 1/8 Scale motor.

Most 1/8 Scale Buggies and Truggies are running a higher Torque 120 AMP 2200 or 2650KV motors because of the weight of these 1/8 scale. WIith one of these motors you can run higher gearing.

Running a3 Cell battery on the factory motor is why they are burning up so fast as you have already seen. Too much power to the motor will get them veryhot and fry them

http://pics.stampedeproject.com/RCCAR-FLM-Stampede.html

Velineon VXL-3s ESC;
    Auto-detects and compatible with brushed, brushless and sensored
    brushless motors
    Compatible with NiCd, NiMH (4-10 cells) and 2-3 cell LiPo battery
    packs-two stage low voltage detection for LiPos
    Three driver profiles-Sport, Race and Training Modes
    Gold-plated motor connectors
    Built-in output for optional auxiliary cooling fan
    Velineon 3500 Brushless Motor;
    10-turn 3500kV
    Optimized for extreme power and efficiency in 1/10 scale vehicles
    Ultra high temp neodymium magnets, high-speed ball bearings
    Precision balanced rotor
    Traxxas High-Current Connector
    Reverse polarity protection makes backward connections impossible
    Compatible with high-current 12-gauge wire
    Gold-plated wide surface terminals
    Textured surface for easy gripping

INCLUDES: Velineon VXL-3s ESC, Velineon 3500 Brushless Motor and high-current
    connector

REQUIRES: Installing in vehicle
    NiCd, NiMH (4-10 cells) or 2-3 cell LiPo battery

Revo, TMaxx, HPI Trophy, RC10T4SE, RC10B4SE, RC10GT2, MTX-3, TC4, RC10T3, Grasshopper, JR, Spektrum

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: FLM Stampede build help!?

Thank you for the useful feedback, I am going to do some gearing changes and run 2s lipos for now