Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

New to trucks, Upgrade questions

Old 12-17-2013, 07:35 PM
Phoenixangel

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New to trucks, Upgrade questions

I am new to cars and trucks, old hand at planes. I have a nitro stampede 2x4 and was wondering what upgrades I can toss on it. I really have no idea about upgrading rc cars.However I am really good with full size vehicles. I am a rural letter carrier so mechanic work is part of the job.

So far I figured out shock towers and bumpers. I ordered the rpm ones.

Any good ideas sure would be appreciated. Thanks,

Phoenix.
Old 12-20-2013, 10:48 AM
lilbrett

The HD rear drive shafts from a Slash 4x4,TRA6852X, are a good upgrade over the stock shafts. I'd also recommend getting a 2.4 radio system, if not, at least get a fail safe. I'd also ditch the AAs and get a rechargeable 6v hump pack. At a minimum get the aluminum shock caps, the plastic one pop off if you look at them funny. If you can swing it though, go for the big bores or look into running the Ten-SCTE shocks, I'm running them and they're great.
Old 12-20-2013, 04:08 PM
Phoenixangel

Thanks man. It came with a 2.4 system and I use 2400mah rechargeable AAs and the little battery holders http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXXLR2&P=7 for charging with a good charger. Just ordered the big bore shocks, Ill get the driveshafts when the original fail.. thanks
Old 12-21-2013, 02:41 AM
lilbrett

Originally Posted by Phoenixangel
I use 2400mah rechargeable AAs and the little battery holders http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXXLR2&P=7 for charging with a good charger.
No problem man. I really recommend the 6v hump pack though, you're only getting 4.8v with those batteries, your servos will be faster a stronger with the 6v. What terrain do you spend most of your time on? Being as it has a 2.4 radio, I'm guessing you picked it up used...is everything else stock?
Old 12-21-2013, 04:24 AM
Phoenixangel

It was the RTR from tower, it comes with a 2 channel 2.4 http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...I=LXDMTKBE&P=K ...It is all stock except the tougher shock towers from rpm. and the larger bumper.
I live in the wilderness pretty much. I have a gravel/ rock / clay driveway and parking area I run on most times. It is actually washed out right now waiting on a tractor and blade to level it, so its pretty rough.

I also take it down to the river and run in beach sand to river gravel. The sand is smooth and packed so i get some nice speed. The gravel is in gravel bars from flooding so nice big hills. I avoid the water because this thing is far from water proof..

I did not think about the steering being faster, that would be really nice. I gotta try the 6v pack now for sure. Thank you for that little reminder.