Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

New T Maxx owner and new to forum

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2013, 04:23 AM
chaos2767

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New T Maxx owner and new to forum

Hey guys, I got a used 2.5 Maxx and am in the process of getting it to run. It was in horrible shape and am finding myself throwing parts at it to get it to even run. This site has been a HUGE help in reviewing the products that I need. I think I will have it ready to run by this weekend. The 2.5 motor it had was in bad shape and had little compression so I replaced it with a Dynamite .19, I had to also order a new pipe for it since the old one was split at the seam so I went with the traxxas dual chamber resonator. I will be shopping for shocks and other parts soon, im going to need to update the controller and was thinking of upgrading the clutch to a 3 plate but seeing the reviews that Integy gets makes me nervous to buy anything they sell. Looking forward to any advise you guys can give me.
Old 12-23-2013, 12:37 PM
Maj_Overdrive
My Feedback: (11)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I tried out the Integy 3 shoe clutch and don't have any complaints about it. You really don't need a 3 shoe clutch until you have a .21 or larger engine though. If your clutch is slipping just take some sandpaper and rough up the inside of the clutch bell and a little on the shoes. If the shoes are worn out get the MIP clutch instead of the Integy or stock Traxxas.
Old 01-03-2014, 05:42 PM
Smiff 24

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Need pics when you can post them.