Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

Nitro rustler

Old 09-11-2014, 08:50 AM
Hunter0330

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nitro rustler

Hey guys I know this is a monster truck forum but I thought maby y'all could help me out. I bought a rustler for 75$ and it has a xtm .15 on it. It starts and idles great but when you try to drive it's verry sluggish like it has a load on it. On grass it's almost impossible to get it moving. I have tried turning the engine and no luck. I pulled the motor and look at the clutch and clutch bell and everything seems to be fine. Do you think the engine just isn't powerful enough to pull the truck or could it be something in the transmission or do I need to look somewhere else. I also checked the break and drag and it's not excessive and absolutely none when under acceleration. Any help is appreciated guys thanks
Old 09-12-2014, 04:08 PM
westoakmech

Check your transmission, and your bearings in your rear hubs for binding. Also make sure the front tires spin free. They can be over tightened on a rustler, there is no spacer in the wheel, between the bearings. Does it rev high, but won't move, if so look closely at the clutch, bell, and make sure the slipper clutch is not loose, or the pegs wore out.
Old 09-17-2014, 10:34 PM
Hunter0330

I'll check it all out bud thanks for the info. And no it doesn't Rev high at all just slightly revs and bogs and as it picks up speed it winds higher but when it's stops building speed it sounds like the engine is at maby half of the rpms it should turn but won't go any faster at all
Old 09-18-2014, 02:07 AM
1QwkSport2.5r

Received 76 Likes on 69 Posts

The needles are WAY too rich.
Old 09-18-2014, 04:01 PM
westoakmech

+1 it sounds too rich. Try to lean it out a little at a time and see if that helps you out any.
Old 09-18-2014, 06:15 PM
Hunter0330

Alright guys thanks a lot.